tom delonge strat

tomdelongetomdelonge Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
im looking for one of these in the sea-foam color. help me find one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I believe this model is discontinued, however eBay is always trusty for such an item. This aution ends on Saturday and I'd be surprised if the price went over $500 so good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Tom-Delonge-Stratocaster-surf-green-Gig-Bag-NR_W0QQitemZ180017584807QQcmdZViewItem
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    wow I remember those guitars. I always wanted one. They were pretty popular a few years ago.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    my friend has one but im sure hes not going to part with it, i remember i accidentally chipped a tiny piece of paint off of it and he flipped haha those were some good days
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    T-Case wrote:
    my friend has one but im sure hes not going to part with it, i remember i accidentally chipped a tiny piece of paint off of it and he flipped haha those were some good days

Hahahaha, it happens.

A little while back a buddy of mine just got a brand new guitar. I was messin' around with it for a while, I propped it up against the couch I was sitting on. A minute later gravity took over and it hit the ground. Talk about a look!!! Oh man...that one hit deep. :D
    It didn't damage it any way, just was a bit scary for a minute. :p
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    mca47 wrote:
    Hahahaha, it happens.

A little while back a buddy of mine just got a brand new guitar. I was messin' around with it for a while, I propped it up against the couch I was sitting on. A minute later gravity took over and it hit the ground. Talk about a look!!! Oh man...that one hit deep. :D
    It didn't damage it any way, just was a bit scary for a minute. :p

Haha wow that's a close call, that makes me think of another time with the same guitar, we had started a band and were playing Smells Like Teen Spirit, and I jumped off my amp and just missed, by about a half an inch, of having the end of my guitar crack the neck of his tom delonge strat in half, haha I just remember the look on his face when I made the landing, it was priceless
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Speaking of wrecking guitars...
    A couple years ago when I was still in college I was drunk as shit one night and these girls that lived in my building wanted me to play something for them. I played a couple tunes (not very well either...I can't play worth shit when I've been drinking). Anyways, the drinking continued and I ended up dropping my acoustic down the stairs. The neck cracked away from the base...doh! That was the end of that one. :(
  • the tom d strat is....well, weak in comparison, the classic 50's comes is seafoam.. better guitar, and still available

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    the tom d strat is....well, weak in comparison, the classic 50's comes is seafoam.. better guitar, and still available
    +1
    A Strat needs three singles to be a Strat.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    +1
    A Strat needs three singles to be a Strat.

Its a punk guitar. One pickup, no muss, no fuss. I was debating trying to pick one up on the cheap, but decided to save my cash for something more worthwhile.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    tomdelonge wrote:
    im looking for one of these in the sea-foam color. help me find one.

but...but.... your username says you are Tom Delonge :confused:

check and see if one of your roadies nicked the fucker :p:)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Speaking of wrecking guitars...
    A couple years ago when I was still in college I was drunk as shit one night and these girls that lived in my building wanted me to play something for them. I played a couple tunes (not very well either...I can't play worth shit when I've been drinking). Anyways, the drinking continued and I ended up dropping my acoustic down the stairs. The neck cracked away from the base...doh! That was the end of that one. :(

I launched my Les Paul into my amp like a javelin at a New Years party I threw just this last year.

It was really fucking stupid, and really fucking expensive.

It was cool though. :p
  • I launched my Les Paul into my amp like a javelin at a New Years party I threw just this last year.

It was really fucking stupid, and really fucking expensive.

It was cool though. :p

LOL

We were jamming and I was so pissed off at this person. I was playing my SG at the time and my Strat was sitting there next to my amp, I picked up my strat and threw it at him and was like SHUT UP! then I looked at my guitar and thankfully just a few scratches, lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    LOL

We were jamming and I was so pissed off at this person. I was playing my SG at the time and my Strat was sitting there next to my amp, I picked up my strat and threw it at him and was like SHUT UP! then I looked at my guitar and thankfully just a few scratches, lol

Fenders are tough!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Fenders are tough!

no shit! I've taken off my tele deluxe after jamming and just literally thrown it on the ground and all it's got is a few scratches.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits