my band

zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
im gonna have a band soon that consists of a blonde preteen drummer (me!)
my lil sis is gonna learn bass and my big sis's boi is our guitar cuz hiz band went to mush.sounds pretty cool right, well, i need a name and some songs. can you ppl help me?
-Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
Los Angeles, 1969
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nickydeannickydean Posts: 40
    I'm a big advocate of jamming, so I would suggest that before you even call yourself a band - just jam. Jam for a couple of weeks, say, every weekend. Also, just sit around and talk. You don't even have to talk about music, just talk about what is important to you. That way you'll know what kind of band you want to be. Names, cover songs, and all that jazz will just flow when you realize what your band is.

I've tryed to just start learning songs and booking gigs right away, and at least from my personal experience - it just crashed and burned.

Congrats! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    im getting my first drumset for christmas and al i have is a practice pad
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    zelda4ever wrote:
    im getting my first drumset for christmas and al i have is a practice pad

Well, keeping that in mind - congrats! The quicker you start playing with people, the better you'll be. At least, that's my theory. Music has always been a communal thing. You can play like Peart, but if you just stay in your room all day and just play along with your albums - you are more then likely going to freak when you get with people.

That's my thinking, at least.
    actually my guitarist only visits every once in awile and my sis could dump him and that means i cant keep him for long unless they get married plus hes in chicago and im like 300 miles away so its kinda hard to practice

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Like he said, don't consider anything definate right now. Find friends in your area that play guitar or whatnot and ask if they just want to jam. It's a great way to make friends and a better way to improve your technique/ability.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    i see other ppl are contributing to my thread thanx 4 the help!

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    nicky what is your bands name

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    zelda4ever wrote:
    nicky what is your bands name

I'm not in any serious band now, but I was in a band called McCarty. Pretty fun times, but we never did much with it. Mostly just an excuse to get together and drink. We played a gig or two, all real low-key.

I definately need to use that name again - always loved it.
  • i've been in a band for almost 2 years. it's my first band and we're having a great time.. finally getting our first 4 song demo finished and we've played a few gigs and have some more coming.

For Zelda guy. congrats with the drumset in advance lol. i'm a drummer myself and i love it.
    When my band started.. we considered ourselves a band since the first practice. even though we sucked. hard. we chose a few easy covers like the ramones and what not. and we practiced weekly. and the weekly practice is what got us better, and the more we practiced (even though we all knew, we sucked at the time) we got more comfortable with playing with eachother as a band. that's what it's about. so what i would do, is what someone said in a previous post.. just jam with some of your local buddies, rock out. dont push it. chill, relax. and take your time. just dont rush yourself otherwise you'll just get fusturated and the whole thing will just be a mess in the end.

anyways if you got any questions i'll try my best to answer them from my own experiences.

and when my band, Flawed Logic's demo is out, i'll put a link to our myspace here.

Good luck to you, and rock on!
    Uheard songs Wishlist:
    1. Black
    2. Breath
    3. Low Light
    4. Thin Air
    5. Oceans
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    here are 3 great band names.......

1. Fury
    2. One Fell Swoop
    3. 4 Skin Choo
    i have a huge problem,no one to jam with i mean all the people that can jam are too old and my parents dont let me hang out with older kids (sigh) i know it sounds crazy but yah its true

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    what do you think of these names i put toghether

1.chocorock
    2.the monkeys fist
    3.the same but different

these could be possible cover songs or albums

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • zelda guy

just please please please keep in mind:

make music first
    jam first
    rock out first

then decide band name, album name, or whatever. And chances are, it's hard to even get a demo out unless you have a recording studio in your house (shakes his fist angrily >:-( haha yeah. dont worry about the name and crap, if you got good music then you're fine. it's all about the music right?
    Uheard songs Wishlist:
    1. Black
    2. Breath
    3. Low Light
    4. Thin Air
    5. Oceans
    zelda guy

just please please please keep in mind:

make music first
    jam first
    rock out first

then decide band name, album name, or whatever. And chances are, it's hard to even get a demo out unless you have a recording studio in your house (shakes his fist angrily >:-( haha yeah. dont worry about the name and crap, if you got good music then you're fine. it's all about the music right?
    just to clear things up im not a "guy"

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969