layne staley

zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
another mourning ceremony for our man stayley, the sexy bugga, heres to staley,he never really died, as long as you listen to his words, he is alive
-Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
Los Angeles, 1969
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Agreed.

Rest In Peace
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Second to Pearl Jam, AIC was one of my fav bands, still is.

Layne was a huge loss, it was really sad to be able to see it comming though. RIP
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Sometimes it pains me to watch AIC Unplugged. Seeing him all fucked up like that, and knowing now that he's gone :(
    RIP Layne.
  • my biggest question. They found him april 20th, and estimated he died on April 5th, two weeks earlier. I find it sad that no one checked up on him for 2 weeks, he must have lost everything, family, friends, what not. Mind you he probly seperating himself quite a bit from reality, you think someone woudl get curious of his whereabouts after a few days of no contact. I find that the saddest part of his death.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    my biggest question. They found him april 20th, and estimated he died on April 5th, two weeks earlier. I find it sad that no one checked up on him for 2 weeks, he must have lost everything, family, friends, what not. Mind you he probly seperating himself quite a bit from reality, you think someone woudl get curious of his whereabouts after a few days of no contact. I find that the saddest part of his death.

I never thought of that. That pains me right now. And unplugged is amazing. I don't mean to be rude, but what was he on at that point? Like in the video.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I never thought of that. That pains me right now. And unplugged is amazing. I don't mean to be rude, but what was he on at that point? Like in the video.

i think hes more coming off something. he doesn't look to worn out, i would probly say heroin. He would look dead if it was coke, and he probly would have had a very upset personality. My geuss...heroin.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    For some reason, I never got into AIC. Why? I don't know. I've heard so much talk lately though with the tour, I think it's time. Where do I start?

EDIT: I suppose I was never exposed to AIC, besides for the song Man In the Box. I suppose there are also possibly some other songs too that I have heard but haven't put a name with.
    Happiness is only real when shared
    I'm upset I can't see them on this tour, even though Layne wont be there.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    For some reason, I never got into AIC. Why? I don't know. I've heard so much talk lately though with the tour, I think it's time. Where do I start?

EDIT: I suppose I was never exposed to AIC, besides for the song Man In the Box. I suppose there are also possibly some other songs too that I have heard but haven't put a name with.

Start with A) Jar of Flies (for an acoustic bitch slap), or B) Dirt. I would choose A because that is an underrated masterpiece. While Dirt is good, it's not as good, but their next best in my opinion.
  • Jar of Flies is stunning, if you're into acoustic stuff. I Stay Away and No Excuses are worth whatever price you end up paying for it. You can get it coupled with 'Sap' as well, which I recommend doing.

You could buy 'Music Bank' of course, which is a massive collection of their stuff, but on the off-chance that you don't like them then it's just going to be a waste of cash.

If you just want a taster, buy the greatest hits.

On topic though, RIP Layne, one of the best musicians of all time.
    "Death ain't the same without you, dear"
    I need to get more records. I only have Dirt and the unplugged DVD.
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    gobrowns19 wrote:

well i started with dirt,love god smack, and i checked out your profile, im in michigan to,what part, im in S.W.
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    I need to get more records. I only have Dirt and the unplugged DVD.
    only have dirt :(

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    at some point in his career he was f***ing beautiful
    http://aux.isifa.com/preview/kravitz_retna_Layne_Staley_images/16.jpg
    thats my favorite pic of him, he looks like my friend paul,im gonna get that one tattoed on me when i turn 18,can some one find some more like this!!

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    I'm about 15-30 minutes south of Grand Rapids actually.

Thanks for the input, I think I'll go for Jar of Flies possibly, or I suppose whatever I find first.
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I'm about 15-30 minutes south of Grand Rapids actually.

Thanks for the input, I think I'll go for Jar of Flies possibly, or I suppose whatever I find first.
    did you check out my pics?

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    I checked your profile Zelda, wow, you are probably the youngest on here! 11 y/o, wow. I'm 17, and I thought I ranked among the top few youngest. BTW, would your screenname happen to be about the Legend of Zelda video game series? Awesome series, if so. Ocarina of Time will always be special to me, one of the best games of all time.
    zelda4ever wrote:
    did you check out my pics?

The Layne Staley ones? Yes, I did. I personally wouldn't get a tattoo of someone, because they never seem to turn out good. I would get a line or a symbol or something along those lines that mean a lot to you.
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    The Layne Staley ones? Yes, I did. I personally wouldn't get a tattoo of someone, because they never seem to turn out good. I would get a line or a symbol or something along those lines that mean a lot to you.
    well gimme some more plz,cuz i cannot get enough of his long haired pics,cannot stand his short haird pics.....

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I checked your profile Zelda, wow, you are probably the youngest on here! 11 y/o, wow. I'm 17, and I thought I ranked among the top few youngest. BTW, would your screenname happen to be about the Legend of Zelda video game series? Awesome series, if so. Ocarina of Time will always be special to me, one of the best games of all time.
    yes it is about the game!!o.o.t. is the best game ever!!!and i know there is a younger pj fan but as far as i know im the youngest on this site, when moving train is back up then i will show you my legend of zelda thread!!what town are you in, im in new buffalo

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    go browns, are you there?

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    Sorry, I'm trying to watch the Tigers game right now. If you are that big of an AIC fan, I would probably do a line from a song or something. Like I'm a Huge PJ and Neil Young fan, so for example I would do something like "I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arms" from Indifference, or "What is the color, when black is burned?" from I am a Child. Those are exactly my favorites, but I like them and they are the first thing that came to mind, so I used them as an example.
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Sorry, I'm trying to watch the Tigers game right now. If you are that big of an AIC fan, I would probably do a line from a song or something. Like I'm a Huge PJ and Neil Young fan, so for example I would do something like "I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arms" from Indifference, or "What is the color, when black is burned?" from I am a Child. Those are exactly my favorites, but I like them and they are the first thing that came to mind, so I used them as an example.
    oh sorry, well uh look at my above post, the one before i said where are u

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    Asking what town I'm in? Well, it's a small town, so you will probably never have heard it, just like I've never heard of your town. For safety reasons, I wont mention it. Not because I think you will stalk me, but anyone in the world can read it. After having a stalker once, you tend to be careful.
    sorry, double post.
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Asking what town I'm in? Well, it's a small town, so you will probably never have heard it, just like I've never heard of your town. For safety reasons, I wont mention it. Not because I think you will stalk me, but anyone in the world can read it. After having a stalker once, you tend to be careful.
    well new buffalo is very small too, three oaks perhaps,private mail it to me,i will delete it right away,i promise

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969