Fender Hot rod Deluxe question...

BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,538
edited December 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just bought a brand new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, ive only played it about 5 times as i got it Saturday. But there seems to be a rattling sound when i play on the lower strings, i only keep the volume between 2 and 3, does anyone know what is up with this noise, any help would be appriciated. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I wish I could help you... I've noticed this in a few HRD's over the years, and I've never been able to trace it down (to be fair, I've not really gone on the hunt for the rattle, nor have I had a chance to take one apart). I've always got around the problem in the studio by plugging the amp into one of my extension cabs.

If you bought it brand-new, then it's covered by a warrantee. Take it to the place you bought it, or find a licensed Fender service center. Get it fixed while Fender will still pay for it, or have them replace the amp until you find one that won't rattle. Heck, if there are a bunch that rattle, then a Fender service tech would probably know exactly what's wrong. But like I said, if you have a warrantee, take advantage of that.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Possibility is that the low frequency vibration of your lower strings (which is down in the 200-400 Hz area) could be causing your reverb tank and springs to rattle more than they should. Does it do this at lower volumes?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • HeidiJam wrote:
    I just bought a brand new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, ive only played it about 5 times as i got it Saturday. But there seems to be a rattling sound when i play on the lower strings, i only keep the volume between 2 and 3, does anyone know what is up with this noise, any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

I bought one new a while back and noticed that it had this almost low low volume buzz after the note was played even on the clean channel. I took it back and had them order me a new one. It's all good now could have been a faulty tube or perhaps a defect in the reverb tank. Have them order you a new one in the box. It's my experience when buying from say GC that you are basically buying a floor model or in essence a used amp. God knows how long those things sit there and get played.
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.