Options

Klausen Toronto AP for sale

MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Mint, signed and numberd, stored flat since purchase. Need cash to fund MSG shows. $340 Shipped. PM if interested.

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    Ooph...may want to come down a bit on that one...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37447
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Ooph...may want to come down a bit on that one...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37447

get your facts right before posting...its signed and numbered.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/40190

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']get your facts right before posting...its signed and numbered.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/40190
    um... 340 is still kinda high....
  • Options
    ok...i guess im asking alittle much. New price is 300 plus shipping...

• Options
    Ill give you 100 pubes for it. Plus shipping.
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    101 short and curly's here
  • Options
    Ill throw in 32 dingleberrys
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    love how he goes from 340 shipped to 300 plus shipping, quite the price break
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    Do you think it's okay to rip fans off because you need the money for PJ tickets? Answer: no. How do we report this jackass? Maybe this happens all the time. I don't peruse the forums that much, but I'm in a fightin' spirit this morning and don't think it should be permitted.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Wow, the trolls are out this morning. :eek:

I'm sure he appreciates the bumps though. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    gotcha wrote:
    Do you think it's okay to rip fans off because you need the money for PJ tickets? Answer: no. How do we report this jackass? Maybe this happens all the time. I don't peruse the forums that much, but I'm in a fightin' spirit this morning and don't think it should be permitted.

i really dont get how its ripping fans off...everyone seems to live and die by the EB 6 month averages...which is 304 for this print when SIGNED AND NUMERED by the artist??? IT costs me 30CAD to ship to the US by canada expresspost fully insured...seems like the going rate to me...but what the fuck do i know...

But i need to sell so new price is 125 plus shipping

• Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    I have no idea what "the EB 6 month averages" are. I'm going to guess and say it's e-bay, average price the prints are sold for over a period of 6 months? So I guess it IS alright that you're selling it since other people do too. Shit, I need some money for a new jacket I love but can't afford. I should just sell drugs to kids. Yeah, that'll cover it.

Have you ever wanted to go to a sold out show before? And the only tickets that were available were from scalpers for ~400% of the price? I have, it sucks. There are people that make a living scalping tickets to fans, because they know that some people will do anything to see their favorite band. You're in the same boat. People love the Ames Bros. prints, so since you "need" money to fund your PJ trip, it is justified that you rip off fans to satisfy your own means. If you're looking for money, you can also sell that poster for face value. Then a fan who wants it will get it, and you won't be making a profit off of someone else's work. Oh, maybe you plan to send the excess funds directly to the Ames Bros.?
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    gotcha wrote:
    Shit, I need some money for a new jacket I love but can't afford. I should just sell drugs to kids. Yeah, that'll cover it.
    :rolleyes:
    gotcha wrote:
    If you're looking for money, you can also sell that poster for face value.
    He could but it won't cover the cost of his tix. Furthermore, the poster increased in value since it was bought. Like any art, prices can go up or down! Say one day, a long, long time ago, you met Andy Warhol before he was famous and you bought one of his paintings 'to be kind'. You now need a bit of money, would you sell this painting at the price you bought it? Or at today's value?

Though when there is a poster sale via the 10C, it does say 'not for resale'. Does anybody pay attention to that? Then again, if you buy your poster elsewhere, one is not tied by this not for resale rule. Maybe he got it at the show.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    gotcha wrote:
    I have no idea what "the EB 6 month averages" are. I'm going to guess and say it's e-bay, average price the prints are sold for over a period of 6 months? So I guess it IS alright that you're selling it since other people do too. Shit, I need some money for a new jacket I love but can't afford. I should just sell drugs to kids. Yeah, that'll cover it.

Have you ever wanted to go to a sold out show before? And the only tickets that were available were from scalpers for ~400% of the price? I have, it sucks. There are people that make a living scalping tickets to fans, because they know that some people will do anything to see their favorite band. You're in the same boat. People love the Ames Bros. prints, so since you "need" money to fund your PJ trip, it is justified that you rip off fans to satisfy your own means. If you're looking for money, you can also sell that poster for face value. Then a fan who wants it will get it, and you won't be making a profit off of someone else's work. Oh, maybe you plan to send the excess funds directly to the Ames Bros.?

Comparing a scalper to someone selling an appreciable piece of limited series art is comparing apples and oranges.

ebeans = expressobeans.com ... a site where poster collecter's gather and talk about art (occasionally) and it also records all sale prices for posters, including all the pearl jam art.

oh, and PM sent.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    gotcha wrote:

wow...you really know whats going on dont you...this poster has NOTHING to do with Ames...this poster was not bought at a show and was purchased from the artist. It was not bought from the 10C and and definatly is not a ticket. The last time i checked it was ok to sell artwork above for fair MARKET price. I didnt buy it to flip...i bought the entire KLAUSEN...thats right...KLAUSEN set from the 06 tour about a year or 2 ago and have many of then framed in my house. Sometimes situations change and cash is needed...ya know?? I have nowhere to put it, and the cash isnt there to frame it...so its gotta go

Its like buying a house...after you buy it it appreciates...are you telling me that you would sell your house, years down the road, for the same price you bought it at, even if the MARKET is telling you its worth more??? I dont think so....and if you do...well, your just not going to do well in life im afraid.

Oh, just to be clear...KLAUSEN was the artist...and EB does not = ebay....but im sure you wouldnt get that either...

Nibb high school football rules

• Options
    33 pogs including my bestest blaster pog with maxx headrom on it
    100 pubes- fresh cut
    32 dinglberrys- Almost fresh
    A hand signed note telling your friends your a saavy business person notarized by the guy I bought the pogs from.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,564
    Did this one sell? I hope you got atleast 250 for it as this is a nice ap! Only 100 of them and a cool collector piece to have!

I paid 300 for mine a while back and not gonna sell it for any less..
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']i really dont get how its ripping fans off...everyone seems to live and die by the EB 6 month averages...which is 304 for this print when SIGNED AND NUMERED by the artist??? IT costs me 30CAD to ship to the US by canada expresspost fully insured...seems like the going rate to me...but what the fuck do i know...

But i need to sell so new price is 125 plus shipping

so you went from $340 to $300 and then down to $125 ?

hmmmmmm.........
    Previously known as Elzar