PJ sheet music - piano

stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Posts: 76
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've got the sheet music book for Ten. Anybody know if PJ is planning to release sheet music books for the rest of their albums? Or, know where I can find some online for piano?

Also, I'm looking for MLB's "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns" sheet music for piano. Any help is much appreciated! I've googled the heck out it and can't find anything online, except for guitar tabs.
Dante: "You hate people!"
Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This goes in hand with the post. PJ played a cool version of Betterman on the B3 from VH1' s Storytellers. Anybody know the music to that?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    This is a subject dear to my heart. Ten is the only album published, and there are some inaccuracies in it, mainly related to the conversion of Even Flow to standard tuning, rather than being tabbed in the open tuning that Stone used for the main riff. The other songs are actually quite OK, but eveyone rants about how hopeless it is.
    Probably partly for this reason, as well as others, they have never published anything else, which I think is a shame. You can get very good tabs from GTW, or used to able to anyway, but obviously you miss the melody , have to translate the chords, and don't get any timing notation, which is of course invaluable for learnig the song accurately. It is also very hard to follow the arrangements as they don't have the lyrics in place or any of the other roadmap directions.
    I would love to have proper printed tab books, both for the information, as well as the aesthetic value. Having a record like that of the music only adds to the value of it. Sadly, I think a lot of PJ fans think that it just means more corporate profits or something, but as a fan, I am more than happy to have some of my cash spent on something of such high value to me.
    I have tried to generate some interest in this topic on this forum as well as GTW but was basically shut down by people who think that tab books are way uncool.
    I have a great collection of reference tab books for all my other favourite bands which allow me to learn songs easily and refer back when I forget stuff. With PJ, I have to rifle through wads of printed sheets which lack half the information I need.
    So, long answer to simple question with simple answer, no sheet music available.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • This is a subject dear to my heart. Ten is the only album published, and there are some inaccuracies in it, mainly related to the conversion of Even Flow to standard tuning, rather than being tabbed in the open tuning that Stone used for the main riff. The other songs are actually quite OK, but eveyone rants about how hopeless it is.
    Probably partly for this reason, as well as others, they have never published anything else, which I think is a shame. You can get very good tabs from GTW, or used to able to anyway, but obviously you miss the melody , have to translate the chords, and don't get any timing notation, which is of course invaluable for learnig the song accurately. It is also very hard to follow the arrangements as they don't have the lyrics in place or any of the other roadmap directions.
    I would love to have proper printed tab books, both for the information, as well as the aesthetic value. Having a record like that of the music only adds to the value of it. Sadly, I think a lot of PJ fans think that it just means more corporate profits or something, but as a fan, I am more than happy to have some of my cash spent on something of such high value to me.
    I have tried to generate some interest in this topic on this forum as well as GTW but was basically shut down by people who think that tab books are way uncool.
    I have a great collection of reference tab books for all my other favourite bands which allow me to learn songs easily and refer back when I forget stuff. With PJ, I have to rifle through wads of printed sheets which lack half the information I need.
    So, long answer to simple question with simple answer, no sheet music available.

Thanks anyway! :)
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • I'm just bumping this to see if anyone knows where I can find PJ sheet music for the piano? I didn't want to create another thread when it's already been asked :D
  • I'm just bumping this to see if anyone knows where I can find PJ sheet music for the piano? I didn't want to create another thread when it's already been asked :D

If you play guitar, just go to giventowail.com and transcribe from the tabs. It can't be that hard.

(tabs are still available, look on the gtw forums, someone posted a zip archive)
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • If you play guitar, just go to giventowail.com and transcribe from the tabs. It can't be that hard.

(tabs are still available, look on the gtw forums, someone posted a zip archive)
    It's not hard as long as you know basic piano chords.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    It's not hard as long as you know basic piano chords.

I would have to say that there would be a huge amount of work in transcribing tab to piano, and even then YOU DON"T GET THE MELODY !! A piano is not a guitar.
    People who have a natural ear and can work stuff out have no problems, but most of us need the music.

PJ just get off your asses and publish the damn music !!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I would have to say that there would be a huge amount of work in transcribing tab to piano, and even then YOU DON"T GET THE MELODY !! A piano is not a guitar.
    People who have a natural ear and can work stuff out have no problems, but most of us need the music.

PJ just get off your asses and publish the damn music !!!!!

Yeah, I was gonna buy the PJ tab book thingy from Amazon to see if they had anything in there. I play guitar as well and I have this book of Nirvana tabs and I tried playing it on piano and it didn't sound good :(