Just got a new DL-4...

howmuchdifferencehowmuchdifference Posts: 25
edited December 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
The bad news is that my rig was stolen a few weeks ago. The good news is that insurance came through and now I have all new gear!

So, I took this opportunity to go from a Korg multi-effects processor to individual stomp boxes. My 535Q and TS-808 are working great, but I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions for good Line 6 DL-4 settings. I know Mike has got 3 presets on his, but I'm looking specifically for the solo sound during NAIS and/or his live version(s) of Black... any ideas?

Great board by the way...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Let's see here.

I can't find the pics of his board that had the settings in but I know he has a specific one for You Are. Also, he might use his analog delay (also on his board) for NAIS. Are you thinking of a harsh delay? I think that might be what you're getting at and for that, I'd use the analog, tube, or tape feature on your DL-4. Depending on how harsh you want it, vary up the mix and tweek. A good starting place for the time and repeats would be between 2 and 3 o'clock.

For NAIS and Black, I'd add some chorus, vibe, phase, or rotary effect in there, too (depending on the era of those songs you want). The TS-808 sounds like it'd be AWESOME for a 2003 Mike sound. The 535q also sounds like an awesome addition to that.

Hope this helps.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy