Voodoo Chile Tab

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can someone post a link to a reliable Voodoo Chile tab? I keep stumbling across so many crappy tabs.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I hate crappy Internet tabs.
    I got my Voodoo Chile Slight Return fix here

http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us

It will cost you $3.99 of Uncle Sam's best eagle shit, but save you hours of pointless frustration. Instant download, nio fuss. They also have a few PJ songs I've not seen published elsewhere, Daughter, Dissident.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I hate crappy Internet tabs.
    I got my Voodoo Chile Slight Return fix here

http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us

It will cost you $3.99 of Uncle Sam's best eagle shit, but save you hours of pointless frustration. Instant download, nio fuss. They also have a few PJ songs I've not seen published elsewhere, Daughter, Dissident.

Is it sheet music, tab or both? I can't read music.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
    Is it sheet music, tab or both? I can't read music.

It's a tab, that has the treble staff as well to give you the note values, with the lyrics to keep track of the arrangement, and info on what tones, ie clean/distorted etc were used. Always worth keeping in mind with Hendrix that every recorded version is different.

I don't read teh notes off sheet music, bt I sure as hell can tell an eighth note from a sixteenth, and use that to learn to play well.
    While my wife has been learning drums, I have been counting for her. That is great training to get the rhythm texture right for songs.
  • On a side note, have you ever heard the recording session for Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)? For the first few takes, the opening riff is played on the low notes, and without wah-wah! On the take when Jimi finally invents the wah-wah intro (by no means the definitive take), you can hear him shout "Yeah!", very pleased with himself.
    On a side note, have you ever heard the recording session for Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)? For the first few takes, the opening riff is played on the low notes, and without wah-wah! On the take when Jimi finally invents the wah-wah intro (by no means the definitive take), you can hear him shout "Yeah!", very pleased with himself.

No, I haven't. My Hendrix collection is actually pretty small. I recently got a DVD which has some interesting stuff on it, Red House on an SG in Denmark, and something on acoustic. Jimi seemed to just be mucking around, and while everyone was sitting around, he just pulls out this amazing stuff. It looked like people were setting up for a photo shoot or summat, and he was just doodling. Fuckin' wish I could doodle like that.

The tab I linked does have the low note bits which end the main riff in the intro section, if that makes sense. I have not seen that notated correctly elsewhere.
    How did you go with that tab ??