Control Plate flip flop

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
On my tele, my pickup selector kept getting in the way of my strumming, so i flip flopped the plate around, including the selector so it wasn't backwards. I'm pretty sure it'll be alright considering no wires were removed or replaced, but I'd like to be positive.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    On my tele, my pickup selector kept getting in the way of my strumming, so i flip flopped the plate around, including the selector so it wasn't backwards. I'm pretty sure it'll be alright considering no wires were removed or replaced, but I'd like to be positive.
    If it works, it works! Aren't your knobs in the way though?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i found the routing on my am std just slightly wrong to flip the control plate. i was disappointed.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    If it works, it works! Aren't your knobs in the way though?

Just the tone knob, but who needs tone anyway? :p

Nah, My knuckles would hit the selector switch and a fairly loose one i guess you could say (my tele's been around the block). I don't hit the tone knob when i strum, but even if i do it's not hard enough to move it.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...