Pickup Questions

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
On my Fender Single coil, some of the metallic, cylindrical shaped extensions (i guess the magnets?) are at a flat level with the white plastic piece while some are much higher and closer to the string. It's affecting my sound, because when i'm playing on the D/G strings where they're higher, the guitar is louder and more distorted, but when i move to the B/e strings where the magnets are lower, it's cleaner and quieter. Anyway to adjust this other than just angling the entire pickup so that the part under the B/e strings is higher?
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    The pole pieces in the pickup are non-adjustable, but you can raise or lower the saddle of the affected strings to adjust their distance from the pickups magnets. I'm not sure if you want the B and e to distort more or the D and G to be cleaner, but adjusting the saddle should do it. Just beware of bringing it too close and having the frets buzz or a dead spot.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    This is what was wrong with my original strat and exactly why i sold it and have so little time for them now.
    Why does the G string need to be twice as loud as teh others ?? Why Leo Why ?????
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Steel_Pole_42_Set_P427C31.cfm

check these out. This is a hot set of fralins.

Carvin also makes a variety of pickups (I believe AP11's which are adjustable)

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=AP11&CID=GTR/K
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.