Fender Roadhouse Strat

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://grattphil.free.fr/fenderstratroadh.htm

Anyone have any experiences with these? I LOVE that color combination.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I have a Lone Star Strat and if I'm not mistaken, the only difference is that mine has a humbucker in the bridge. but otherwise, same pickups and specs. the texas special single coils are the same ones that come in the much more expensive SRV model. I can attest to the fact that you can get a NICE SRV/Hendrix tone, and really, those pickups sound nice on all bluesy type songs and solos. on rhythm and heavier metal-type songs, not so great. definitely a nice guitar if you're into blues, but not much heavier than maybe some of PJ's bluesier songs.

first thing I did was block off the tremolo and got to more springs for the back of the bridge so there's no wobble whatsoever. then I lowered the bridge saddles down to get the most playable action (fenders are notorious for high action). I had to tighten the tuning pegs and now it NEVER goes out of tune. and can give good measurements for the pickup heights.

I personally prefer a one piece maple neck, but if that's a good price, it's a good looking guitar and should be solid. better than an American Standard imo.