Had some fun with my amp

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
So after playing at a practice volume for a few months, I decided I wanted to hear what my YCV40WR is capable of. I took it outside and cranked the shit out of it. WOW does volume add a lot to your tone. Only problem was I got some pretty nasty feedback anytime the gain or volume was up above 3:00. Anyway to minimize that other than standing further away from the amp?
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maybe turn your volume control down just a touch, you'l get a subtle tone and the pick ups won't be so sensitve?, dunno??

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • It depends what the feedback sounds like. If it's a whistling screaming feedback, you might have a bad preamp or power tube. If one of the first preamp 12ax7's gets funky it can give a high pitch whistle that sounds horrible!
    If it's feedback that's developing from the volume and just gets out of hand, then stand farther back, or turn it down. Not all amps sound good on eleven! :D
    Otherwise, some amps feedback easier with some guitars and have a sweetspot note where it hits the good feedback, and sour spots, too.
    I'm sure the neighbors will let you know what the good sounding feedback is! :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart