Enharmonic?Paco?Exhausted? What kind of guitar is this?

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
About halfway down on this page, there is a dark blue strat owned by MacDaddy355. I saw a guy play one for a widespread coverband and it sounded sick. I wasn't able to make out the name on the headstock.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=189691
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well, I'm no enharmonic or exhausted or paco, but I know what it is! :D

It's a Suhr. John Suhr is his name and he makes good stuff.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/guitarsProSeries.aspx
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Suhr thing! :)
    Be kind, man
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    +1 on the Suhr.

John Suhr is a master lutheir and former Fender CS employee. His instruments are functional art.
  • expensive though. damn i want one now.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    expensive though. damn i want one now.

They are pricey, but not as expensive as some of the offerings from the Fender CS, and even less expensive than a number of his boutique competitors.

I have to stop looking before I want one too...lol. I'd like two actiually...one in Lake Placid Blue, and one in Mary Kaye...maybe a third in Shoreline Gold.

See...it's a sickness...lol. :D
  • Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Suhr axes rock!
    His teles are better :)
    Most Fender endorsees play these when people aren't looking, perfect necks!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Necks Fretwork tuning, pickups, hardware and QC as good as close to perfect as anyone in the business. He's also created the new SSC system.

Suhr's are pheominal. Some of the best playing guitars ever produced.

Pick one up...you'll understand the cost. Most are really reasonable considering. The Pro series should be able to be had for under 2G's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Necks Fretwork tuning, pickups, hardware and QC as good as close to perfect as anyone in the business. He's also created the new SSC system.

Pick one up...you'll understand the cost. Most are really reasonable considering. The Pro series should be able to be had for under 2G's.

The Who's_Pearljam? models are pretty good too, I must say,,, except that I can never remember what I did each time I put together one or make one! :D

Suhr does built the closest thing to a flawless guitar for the price! He's kind of an all around guitar/ amp genius.
    Be kind, man

This is a rare case where a builder doesn't charge enough. Build quality is identical on every single one. Plus you actually get options for pups, imagine that LOL
    I guess the only thing that prevents me from getting one is I am a die hard for Fender if its a bolt on.

Check out my new toy:

5lbs 14 oz's proud new papa
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Beck5.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Beck4.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Beck3.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Beck2.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Beck1.jpg
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    ah, Jeff Beck eh? Nice, this must mean you're getting one of those Power driver's from Scotty too?

If the new Suhr Badger was anything near my price range I'd consider it. That's a nice little low watter with Power Scaling too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    ah, Jeff Beck eh? Nice, this must mean you're getting one of those Power driver's from Scotty too?

If the new Suhr Badger was anything near my price range I'd consider it. That's a nice little low watter with Power Scaling too.
    Henderson's new model is very nice.
    You want a low watt, with power soak? Like 15/12/7/2?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Tell me that's not the one that costs $10,000
    yeah unfortunately even that will be too loud for my favorite time to play (11PM to about 2am) so I'll probably be getting a POD or a cheap little VOX, tubes even at 2 watts are likely too loud.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah unfortunately even that will be too loud for my favorite time to play (11PM to about 2am) so I'll probably be getting a POD or a cheap little VOX, tubes even at 2 watts are likely too loud.
    Smokey or a Bumbox Lead 1

I love them both, but play the smokey the most out of all my amps.

Given to Carve: then answer is that is the MSRP and some are going for 13K. This is the sister to Tweedy's from Wilco. Dennis did the aging and I got a very nice deal on it. I have never played a 5 pound with hardware from Fender.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?