Am i seeing things or is this guy crazy?

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/PRS-paul-reed-smith-C-E-22-GOLD-TOP-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ110066121670QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Click the picture with the guitar on cement leaning up against a ledge? Do you think this guy actually set the guitar down on cement like that?
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lol yea that guys crazy if I had that guitar I would never do that
  • He's crazy for buying a PRS.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • jbdjbd Posts: 65
    He's crazy for buying a PRS.

+1
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    What's wrong with PRS? I've never played one because I'm a lefty and have never seen a lefty, but they sure look nice. What don't you guys like about them?
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • For me, they're typecasted and way overpriced. They've pretty much got one signature sound and you can only do so much with it. I don't understand why it's the dream guitar for so many guitarists. When I go to guitar center, I walk right by the PRS wall everytime. Even if the $1200 American Deluxe strat was the same price as a PRS, I'd still pay for the strat.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • I have one and it's one of the best built stock guitars I've had. (It's like a 1989 or earlier one.) It has a variety of sounds, not just one. It has more versatility than a Les Paul to me with the switching options.

I love mine, and I'd NEVER lean it on a concrete walk and wall like that! That's not a great sales presentation there!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • I have one and it's one of the best built stock guitars I've had. (It's like a 1989 or earlier one.) It has a variety of sounds, not just one. It has more versatility than a Les Paul to me with the switching options.

I love mine, and I'd NEVER lean it on a concrete walk and wall like that! That's not a great sales presentation there!

I may have come off a little wrong. I don't hate PRS guitars. I'd add one to a collection and it would get some use, but it would probably be fourth or fifth on a list of must-haves, especially considering I'm a 20 yr old college student on a virgin-tight budget.
    Beav wrote:
    What's wrong with PRS? I've never played one because I'm a lefty and have never seen a lefty, but they sure look nice. What don't you guys like about them?

They're just too fucking ugly !!
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    jbd wrote:
    They're just too fucking ugly !!

+ 1,000
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    It's all good. The poly finish is thick enough to take a careful placement on the cement like that.
  • Bands like Creed, POD, and Nickelback ruined PRS for me. Long Live Gibson.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bands like Creed, POD, and Nickelback ruined PRS for me. Long Live Gibson.

And Fender!
    and grestch ! and Rickenbacker !