Jaw-Dropping Warren Haynes Video

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I think it was posted on here a while ago somewhere, but I'm starting a thread for it just because anyone who has ever touched a guitar should see this. Warren Haynes w/ DMB covering Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSUF7v2kJE
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I think it was posted on here a while ago somewhere, but I'm starting a thread for it just because anyone who has ever touched a guitar should see this. Warren Haynes w/ DMB covering Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSUF7v2kJE

I have that DVD!

I love it when you see Dave mouth the words "He's bad..."
  • saw him the other night on Carson Daily doing a cover of Radiohead's Lucky and he was amazing. Did an even better version of it than on his live cd.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    leafs4ever wrote:
    saw him the other night on Carson Daily doing a cover of Radiohead's Lucky and he was amazing. Did an even better version of it than on his live cd.

!!!!!!

that i need to track down.
  • I've got so much respect for anyone that can "make the guitar sing" like he does.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    he doesn't overplay. and just drips soul.
  • I love that video!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I used to see Gov't Mule back when Woody was alive...some of the most intense musical experiences of my life.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Yeah, Warren is one of my fav. guitar players. He's incredible!
  • exhausted wrote:
    !!!!!!

that i need to track down.

i have it taped on my pvr, i'll copy it onto my computer and upload it soon. Just not sure where to upload it to, so any help would be greatly appreciated
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06