Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    on2legs said:
    This was a fun one.  Huge Sandlot fan since seeing it in theaters 28 years ago.  And I love baseball.  So when I saw that Mondo did an official movie poster I had to get it.  Took me two years.  For the frame I wanted something that said “early 60s” and that seafoam green color always reminded me of that time period.  A few coats of it on a white wood frame and here we are….

The Sandlot by Paul Mann. SDCC Exclusive.  24x36. AP 

You’re killing me, Smalls!

That looks so good!  Poster art and frame choice are A+ =)

On a related note… I just watched The Sandlot last week with my 9 year old.  He loved it 👍🏻
    Ha! My 8 year old and I watched that recently as well! She thought Squints was hilarious! 

the sandlot GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Dammit, now I'm looking at Mann's work! Must resist!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    tino_11 said:
    Home office almost complete
    that's a lot of quality signatures. nice. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Oh man.  If you like movie posters he’s got a good style. 

Crew, on2legs, Thank you!  I enjoyed framing this one.   Such a good movie.  
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    This was a fun one.  Huge Sandlot fan since seeing it in theaters 28 years ago.  And I love baseball.  So when I saw that Mondo did an official movie poster I had to get it.  Took me two years.  For the frame I wanted something that said “early 60s” and that seafoam green color always reminded me of that time period.  A few coats of it on a white wood frame and here we are….

On a related note… I just watched The Sandlot last week with my 9 year old.  He loved it 👍🏻
    Ha! My 8 year old and I watched that recently as well! She thought Squints was hilarious! 

the sandlot GIF
    :lol:   My 8 year old plays it on Disney+ sometimes just to see The Beast run through the town.  
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    on2legs said:

the sandlot GIF
    Shooting his shot with Wendy Peffercorn, and it worked. He is a legend!
  • Options
    timbo1972 said:
    tino_11 said:
    Wow..!! 👌🙌
    Fond memories of that Chris Cornell show.
  • Options
    petted101 said:
    timbo1972 said:
    tino_11 said:
    Wow..!! 👌🙌
    how did you get his sig, if you don't mind me asking? that's an amazing frame job. love the "behind" picture. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,974
    petted101 said:
    timbo1972 said:
    tino_11 said:
    Wow..!! 👌🙌
    how did you get his sig, if you don't mind me asking? that's an amazing frame job. love the "behind" picture. 
    Thanks everyone, it’s taken a long while to get these on the wall. 

The signed CD was a promo thing amazon were running for the album release. No interesting story behind it unfortunately, but at least I managed to pick it up for next to nothing. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    that's great. had my chance to meet him backstage in 95 but couldn't muster the courage (he looked very brooding and unapproachable). met matt though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,974
    that's great. had my chance to meet him backstage in 95 but couldn't muster the courage (he looked very brooding and unapproachable). met matt though. 
    Yeah, I think you did right. I can’t imagine how crushing it would be if he brushed you off. I haven’t been fortunate enough to meet any of my favourite musicians. That said, it’s not something I seek out. I’d much rather see them on the stage than for an awkward hello.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    Yeah, I think you did right. I can’t imagine how crushing it would be if he brushed you off. I haven’t been fortunate enough to meet any of my favourite musicians. That said, it’s not something I seek out. I’d much rather see them on the stage than for an awkward hello.
    I generally don't either. I wasn't even going to approach Matt after the show, but my boss who got me backstage basically shamed me into it. And after the first "hey Matt" and he turned around all smiles and "hey guys! come over here and watch Ben running around the parking lot!", it wasn't awkward at all. 

I met my namesake and it was hugely disappointing. So yes, not great to meet your "heroes". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

I just looked at his work and there is a kick ass Dazed and Confused poster he did (huge fan of the movie).  I can't find a price on it, which is probably a good thing!

• Options
    bbiggs said:

I just looked at his work and there is a kick ass Dazed and Confused poster he did (huge fan of the movie).  I can't find a price on it, which is probably a good thing!

Let’s find you one :grin:
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Did you buy your Sandlot print directly from Mann?  When I look at the shop on his site there is very little available unless I'm missing something.  I'd definitely be interested in grabbing the Dazed and Confused print unless I need to take out a mortgage to get it.  :lol:
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Did you buy your Sandlot print directly from Mann?  When I look at the shop on his site there is very little available unless I'm missing something.  I'd definitely be interested in grabbing the Dazed and Confused print unless I need to take out a mortgage to get it.  :lol:
    I didn’t buy from him.  Mine was cheaper than what Dazed probably would be. Lol.  Some of the Mann movie posters go for thousands.   Insane.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I didn’t buy from him.  Mine was cheaper than what Dazed probably would be. Lol.  Some of the Mann movie posters go for thousands.   Insane.  
    Oh boy.  Thanks for the insight.  Probably too rich for my blood unfortunately.  He sure does have some awesome stuff though!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Been after this poster for a long time & it arrived today! Will post a pic once I frame it.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Wow!  Congrats.  ACL!!
  • Options
    Wow!  Congrats.  ACL!!
    Thanks!! I've had the other 2 posters from that weekend since that weekend, but missed out on this one at the show. Excited to frame it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Finally got the Ohana Encore posters up in my office at work.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    mfc2006 said:
    Been after this poster for a long time & it arrived today! Will post a pic once I frame it.

Definitely an underrated poster. I have orange matting on mine and it looks great. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    mfc2006 said:

Definitely an underrated poster. I have orange matting on mine and it looks great. 
    I agree. I'm waiting on the frame to arrive from Frame It Easy. I went with a white metal frame and orange 3/4" mat.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Ha! Mine is in a silver frame as well. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Love the doodling on the ACL poster.  Totally unique on a hard to find poster
  • Options
    Love the doodling on the ACL poster.  Totally unique on a hard to find poster
    Me too. Was happy that it was there when the seller sent me pictures!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I had to have this.  I decided it would be my holiday gift to my damn self. Just picked it up from the framer.  Ohana Encore was easily the best weekend of this shitty year for me, and this helps me remember it and puts a smile on my face. 

I was able to get the cheapest eBay listing so far for the sparkle version because it had a slightly bent corner, which is 100% unnoticeable in the frame.

This has quickly vaulted to one of my favorite things.

Happy day!

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Looks great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com