Pedal Question

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just received my DD-3 today. There is a working 9 Volt battery in it, but i cannot get it to turn on. What am i doing wrong?
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    PLUG YOUR CABLES INTO IT.
    MANY PEDALS DON'T WORK UNLESS THEY'RE PLUGGED IN TO THE GUITAR AND AMP - ALSO CHECK THE BATTERY.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I've got it set up correctly and everything.

Guitar -> Input -> Pedal -> Output -> Amp

There is sound coming out of my amp with it set up like that, but the effect will not turn on. The battery is fresh.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
    The only other things I can think of is to make sure the plugs are in the correct sides (guitar in, out to amp).
    Other than that - take it back and exchange it.
    That's unusual with Boss pedals, but it can happen (could have been shipped defective - or something jarred loose).
    It happens all the time with those shitty Digitech pedals (a lot of the time Digitech pedals don't work right out of the box).
    When I worked at GC I saw it happen time and time again (probably 40% of the time), which is why I won't buy Digitech.
    I've never seen it happen to Boss (I've had one not work correctly [AC-2], but never had one just not work).
    MAYBE TRY USING A POWER SUPPLY INSTEAD OF THE BATTERY - DELAYS DRAIN BATTERIES FAST.
    Also, make sure it's not on some other setting that requires you to hold down on the pedal (like tap tempo).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
  • Plug an adaptor into it and check.

Also def. make sure that you have cables in the input and output. My DD6 doesn't come on if it doesn't have a cable in the input.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • My friend brought me a pedal that he bought, and couldn't get it to work.

The battery was in the unit, but had a plastic strip on it to keep it from contacting the terminals during shipping. I took it out and it turned on!

Otherwise,,,, what they said. Try an adapter if you have one, and make sure the cables are pushed all the way in the jacks. Sometimes it takes that one extra push to make it click in.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Other than that - take it back and exchange it.
    That's unusual with Boss pedals, but it can happen (could have been shipped defective - or something jarred loose).
    It happens all the time with those shitty Digitech pedals (a lot of the time Digitech pedals don't work right out of the box).
    When I worked at GC I saw it happen time and time again (probably 40% of the time), which is why I won't buy Digitech.
    I've never seen it happen to Boss (I've had one not work correctly [AC-2], but never had one just not work).
    MAYBE TRY USING A POWER SUPPLY INSTEAD OF THE BATTERY - DELAYS DRAIN BATTERIES FAST.
    Also, make sure it's not on some other setting that requires you to hold down on the pedal (like tap tempo).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

I didn't know Digitech pedals were spotty. I have had a few and they have lasted for a couple years each, and I am pretty rough on them.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    yeah, I got two Digitech X-Series and it's true, they eat up batteries but they're built like a tank!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Everything about digitech pedals sucks if you ask me.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    Those of you that have had luck with Digitech pedals are very lucky (I'm actually surprised they still work).
    As I said before - I worked at GC a few years back (111 San Marcos, CA - #2 store on the West Coast, #1 if you don't include LA) . . .
    It seemed that every other Digitech stomp-box that was sold got brought back because it didn't work.
    It got to the point where if I was selling a Digitech pedal I had the custy test it just to make sure it worked before they left the store.
    (I didn't want them coming back all pissed off at me because it didn't work - I always recommended Boss over Digitech because of this).
    I know a guy that uses a NEW Digitech GNX-something (it's a big multi-effects unit), and he's always having problems with it.
    He even had to cancel a show because he couldn't get it working properly (got stuck on one setting).
    I'm constantly laughing because it's always screwing up and pissing him off - meanwhile I just plug in my pedal board and I'm good to go.
    Other than breaking or bending a knob here and there I haven't any problems with the 12 BOSS pedals on my board (10-years okay - Knock on wood).
    Other than my TS9 not screwing up, I can't say the same for the other pedals on my board (as I said, I have a big board).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    my digitech reverb works with no issues, but I know what you are talking about Ian.

I worked at 762. So many problems between the Johnson Milleniums and 2112's.

Then there are the various Whammy issues, Digitech does not have a good reputation for reliability.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Anyone know/heard anything about the Ibanez DE-7? It's one of the silver pedals, delay-echo. Was looking into either that or a Digitech Digidelay simply because I can't shell out $100-$160 for a Boss.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    I have the X-series Delay and it's fuckin' amazing. I can't rave enough about this pedal and best of all, in my opinion, it beats a BOSS. Man, this pedal is so versatile. I'd go with the X-series one. I think it's the second edition one though.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I have the X-series Delay and it's fuckin' amazing. I can't rave enough about this pedal and best of all, in my opinion, it beats a BOSS. Man, this pedal is so versatile. I'd go with the X-series one. I think it's the second edition one though.

I have it as well and for the money it smokes the Boss. Not a knock on Boss, but Digitech got their delay right. I can put it on any setting and get a good sound out of it. My fave is the reverse delay. I have come up with some many ideas on just a few settings. And it doesnt get much better for adding a little craziness to somethin normally bland sounding.
    Yeah, the rever delay IS amazing!
  • The only thing I can think of is the hold feature.

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    I just received my DD-3 today. There is a working 9 Volt battery in it, but i cannot get it to turn on. What am i doing wrong?

if the battery came with the pedal, buy a new one
    buy an adaptor which will be useful in the long run
    make sure your cables are correct
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable