PJ songs for chords

ArjunArjun Posts: 4
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
It's been nearly nine months since I bought a guitar and practised, and having tried out different chord combinations and not quite getting progressions off F and B, I was advised to play some chord songs.

I've been playing Elderly Woman, Alive and Black, following chord sheets on the Ultimate Guitar website. Can you recommend any more? I'm looking at practising full chords, not power chords.

A few scale song suggestions will also help. I'm trying out five positions of the major, minor, major penta, minor penta and blues scales for more than three weeks, and I'd like to put some of that into practice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nothingman
    Off He Goes
    Crazy Mary
    Footsteps
    Wash
    Last Kiss (probably the easiest song in history of PJ)
    Not For You
    Immortality

Those songs are basically Chord songs except maybe Footsteps but the chorus is all chords...

Dont use Given To Wail for Off He Goes, the chords aren't lined up with the lyrics at all...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • long road could be another one.
  • Dont use Given To Wail for Off He Goes, the chords aren't lined up with the lyrics at all...

I learnt how to play Off He Goes by play along to Live On Two Legs. Once you know the basic chord progression just listen to the LO2L CD and its easy to figure out. It's a fun song casue it can be played on electric and acoutic and they both sound great.

If your interested in trying anything in dropped D tuning Fuckin' Up is very fun to play. Stone's part. I havn't quite progressed to Mike's solo. But one day. Well this is actually a Neil Young song.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Low Light

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks