Rearviewmirror sounds like PJ Musically!!!!

allpjallpj Posts: 43
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
You gotta check these guys out.....wow!!!! Same effects and guitar parts with each song these guys wale out!!! Sounds very close....I mean VERY CLOSE!!!

Check them out in Whitby May 9th!!!!

http://www.pjtribute.com

Peace JAMMERS!!!!
RVM Tribute Pipes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Sounds good but I'm not feelin the vocals. PJ tribute singers shouldn't try to fake the Ed thing.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Sounds good but I'm not feelin the vocals. PJ tribute singers shouldn't try to fake the Ed thing.
    agreed
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    agreed

This is called "word of mouth marketing" and is a public relations tool. This board does not allow advertising so stop with your fake threads.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    This is called "word of mouth marketing" and is a public relations tool. This board does not allow advertising so stop with your fake threads.
    What??
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    uhmm, yeah, go away :p
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    uhmm, yeah, go away :p
    Is that to me? I have NO idea why I was quoted...
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    weenie wrote:
    Word of Mouth marketing is the best and cheapest tool out there to use. Plus, they're a tribute band NOT a real band...you think a tribute band will strike a deal with record label?

And if you check out their website, they're actually promoting Avocado so Pearl Jam is getting a free promotion from that tribute band. PJ do it with smaller name artists, see Liam Finn, Neil Finn, Ben Harper(now he's pretty big for an indie guy), Sleatter-Kinney...others.

And I see nothing wrong with getting your name out there. It's not like their spamming us with useless junk.

[size=+5]EDIT: never mind the above comment. i looked at his last 16 posts and they were all about this tribute band. it's now SPAMMING in my opinion.
    Soooo i think the OP should stop. [/size]
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    that's some pretty bold and big text you got there :)
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623

Sorry, I was hungover and acidentally hit the quote button instead of just posting. my bad......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905

considering the individual behind these constant threads is the SINGER of the tribute band, i'm sure he'd appreciate this running theme from previous likeminded replies,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    No xtreme, it was to the solicitor (and I don't mean a British lawyer) pushing his tribute band - I was telling him to "go away".
    Everything this guy posts is about his tribute band - he doesn't contribute to the Forum except to say, check this band out.
    I'd be better if he said "check my band out" . . . at least own it.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like we are over run with posts in here anyway. He/she has only posted 27 posts in nearly 2 years. If it was a weekly or daily thing and an overload of advertising, then that would be annoying and completely something else. It's no different to putting up your myspace link in your profile or signature to promote your band and there are people on this message board who do that all the time.

If the OP reads this, then you would be better off posting in 'the porch' next time because more people will see it.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    allpj wrote:
    You gotta check these guys out.....wow!!!! Same effects and guitar parts with each song these guys wale out!!! Sounds very close....I mean VERY CLOSE!!!

Check them out in Whitby May 9th!!!!

http://www.pjtribute.com

Peace JAMMERS!!!!

Sounds very close as in it sounds like creed playing pearl jam? or it sounds very close as in it doesnt sound very close at all?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like we are over run with posts in here anyway. He/she has only posted 27 posts in nearly 2 years. If it was a weekly or daily thing and an overload of advertising, then that would be annoying and completely something else. It's no different to putting up your myspace link in your profile or signature to promote your band and there are people on this message board who do that all the time.

If the OP reads this, then you would be better off posting in 'the porch' next time because more people will see it.

Actually, I have no problem with the promotion, but "hey, my tribute band is playing" would be more up-front and honest and probably get a better reception. Let's face it, lots of us would probably love to be in a tribute band, and some dialogue on that would be pretty interesting. I know I would. I'm a born Stone, hang in the back, hold down a rhythm and let someone else do the flashy stuff.

So, allpj, how do you cast a Mike ? '59 Strat essential ? Substance issues optional ? Political awareness needed ?
    Music is not a competetion.
    weenie wrote:
    Sorry, I was hungover and acidentally hit the quote button instead of just posting. my bad......
    haha, okay, just wanting to make sure. Being hungover sucks, by the way :p
    Pj_Gurl wrote:

The issue is that this guy doesn't contribute to the forum except to promote his band.
    17 of his 19-posts are just to promote his band - the other 2 are pro-American bashing.
    Funny since he's in a Pearl Jam tribute band - Last time I checked Pearl Jam were all Americans.
    (Vedder was born in Chicago; Ament- Montana; Gossard- Seattle; McCready- Pensacola Florida).
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    The issue is that this guy doesn't contribute to the forum except to promote his band.
    17 of his 19-posts are just to promote his band - the other 2 are pro-American bashing.
    Funny since he's in a Pearl Jam tribute band - Last time I checked Pearl Jam were all Americans.
    (Vedder was born in Chicago; Ament- Montana; Gossard- Seattle; McCready- Pensacola Florida).

Well, i could challenge you to a thumb war over our difference of opinion because i rule at them. But, i'll have to concede i can see where you are coming from :)

I didn't actually check the contents of his posts, it was more just looking to see how many there was over 2 years.
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    It's funny you didn't mention either of the drummers...which leads me to believe the old newspaper headling "Band and drummer die in car accident"...(Yes that's a real article, no I hope it NEVER EVER happens and no, it was never said about Pearl Jam)...

I'm sure Matt was born in the US too.
    It's funny you didn't mention either of the drummers...which leads me to believe the old newspaper headling "Band and drummer die in car accident"...(Yes that's a real article, no I hope it NEVER EVER happens and no, it was never said about Pearl Jam)...
    I'm sure Matt was born in the US too.
    Sorry . . . there were so many.
    -Matt Cameron was born in San Diego, California;
    -Dave Krusen in Tacoma, Washington;
    -Matt Chamberlain in San Pedro, California;
    -Dave Abbruzzese in Stamford, Connecticut;
    -Jack Irons in Los Angeles, California.

And if we're getting picky, even their B3 organist: Boom (Kenneth) Gaspar was born in Waimānalo, Hawaii.
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    Born down in a dead mans town
    The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
    You end up like a dog thats been beat too much
    Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A., I was born in the U.S.A.
    I was born in the U.S.A., born in the U.SA.

Got in a little hometown jam
    So they put a rifle in my hand
    Sent me off to a foreign land
    To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A....

Come back home to the refinery
    Hiring man said son if it was up to me
    Went down to see my V.A. man
    He said son, dont you understand

I had a brother at Khe Sahn
    Fighting off the Viet Cong
    Theyre still there, hes all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
    I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
    Out by the gas fires of the refinery
    Im ten years burning down the road
    Nowhere to run aint got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A., I was born in the U.S.A
    Born in the U.S.A, Im a long gone daddy in the U.S.A.
    Born in the U.S.A, born in the U.S.A
    Born in the U.S.A, Im a cool rocking daddy in the U.S.A.
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Broooooo...ooooccccccceeeee
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • awakeawake Posts: 35
    so let me get this right, it's wrong to let the Pearl Jam fans know that a Pearl Jam Tribute band is playing in Whitby on May 9th, and that the website is http://www.pjtibute.com but most are ok with it if the guy says he's in the band?

well then, I am the drummer, we play pearl jam all night, and have fun doing it. It really is that simple.
    awake wrote:
    so let me get this right, it's wrong to let the Pearl Jam fans know that a Pearl Jam Tribute band is playing in Whitby on May 9th, and that the website is http://www.pjtibute.com but most are ok with it if the guy says he's in the band?

well then, I am the drummer, we play pearl jam all night, and have fun doing it. It really is that simple.
    SPAM is SPAM.
    awake wrote:

It's OK, but there are ways of presenting the info more honestly rather than trying to to present the topic as a discussion thread.
    You are right , there should be kudos to you for having a PJ tribute thing up0 and running, so
    Kudos to You, it's cool !!!!!
    Pay no attention to the guy above. He manages to work a huge font into every post and is the last word on everything.
    He manages to work a huge font into every post and is the last word on everything.
    as you said, last word - ura jerk, asshole.
    Yeah, if you're gonna tell us there's a PJ tribute show, just say so in the thread. It's not a big deal, man. Congrats on getting a band up but please, add more to the pit other than simply publicizing your band, dude.
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    as you said, last word - ura jerk, asshole.

C'mon, you can do better than that, where's the caps ??

Flaming a guy for having a PJ tibute, that's classy !!