Stickering Guitars

Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've recently started playing the guitar and just got my first acoustic. It's used and a little scuffed up, which I'm okay with, I call it "Character." I was curious about stickers. I've heard it's a very bad idea to put stickers on an acoustic because it changes the way it sounds.

I have some great PJ stickers that I'd love to plaster all over the thing, but if it's going to wreck it then I'll just put them on the case.

Any ideas?

Thanks
#==(o )

You are not your job.
You are not how much money you have in the bank.
You are not the car you drive.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not your fucking khakis.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If you want to sticker it, go for it. It might change the tone it a bit, but it will be minimal at best on the vast majority of guitars. Have fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I wouldn't plaster it, but maybe a PJ Surfboard logo behind the bridge would look cool. It's your guitar though, do what you want with it!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    Thanks for the advice!

That's kind of how I feel - nobody tells me what to do with my stuff!!! It is a cheapo too, I just don't want it to sound like it's under water. The surfboard under the bridge was EXACTLY what I was thinking!

If it's going to make a minimal difference in sound then I'm going to do it.
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.