thinking of selling my strat...

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
its an 06, american series shoreline gold strat with maple fretboard. it has that little 60th anniversary emblem on the back of the headstock. 100% perfect condition(seriously, havnt used this one much, no exaggeration.) bought it in late 07 from a local store as new(someone had put it on layaway, but then didnt want it anymore.) sounds great, but i really dont use it enough to seekeeping it. plus i really need a new acoustic anyway. i will post some pictures of it either tonight or tomorrow. as i said it is in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. what do you guys think a good price to let it go would be?
thanks
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Picture?
    I'll end up alone like I began...
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Comatose11 wrote:
    Picture?
    ive only got one pic right now, and its very blurry, but i guess ill post it. its not a good one, but like i said i will take some more either tomorrow, or tonight if i get the chance.
    http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1022071900li1.jpg
  • How can you sell!? Sorry man I understand if you dont play it but Im a strat guy to the core. I want a new guitar for alternate tuning and other things but I dont think I would be worth it unless I just bought another strat!
    5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,638
    Its a beauty!

Im after a sunburst maple neck strat - probably a '57 re-issue!

Any ideas how much that wud set me back?
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
    How can you sell!? Sorry man I understand if you dont play it but Im a strat guy to the core. I want a new guitar for alternate tuning and other things but I dont think I would be worth it unless I just bought another strat!
    i really never see any time with it, and this summer ive been focusing more on acoustic stuff. the only acoustic i have right now is a cheap takamine that is ok for just practicing at home, but whenever i go anywhere i have to bring my dads. he has been fine with me borrowing his, but it has taken some of his playing time away. i just need the money for a quality acoustic. plus, ive never really been into strats anyway, im more of a tele guy :)
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I'd be interested, but I'm really looking for a Montego Black American Deluxe Strat that I can throw a black pearloid pickguard on. Gilmour strat here I come.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    seanw1010 wrote:
    its an 06, american series shoreline gold strat with maple fretboard. it has that little 60th anniversary emblem on the back of the headstock. 100% perfect condition(seriously, havnt used this one much, no exaggeration.) bought it in late 07 from a local store as new(someone had put it on layaway, but then didnt want it anymore.) sounds great, but i really dont use it enough to seekeeping it. plus i really need a new acoustic anyway. i will post some pictures of it either tonight or tomorrow. as i said it is in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. what do you guys think a good price to let it go would be?
    thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-60th-ANNIVERSARY-CUSTOM-SHOP-DESIGNED-50s-STRAT_W0QQitemZ200244827347QQihZ010QQcategoryZ156025QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    looks exactly likethat one(its not mine)
    im pretty sure those are made in mexico as well, mines the regular american strat.
    seanw1010 wrote:
    Yeah I figured so . . . I posted this so you can keep an eye on the auction (so you can see what it actually sells for).
    I could give you an approximate used book value, but guitars are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
    Unfortunately being a fairly new guitar you might get $100/$200 below your cost, or it might only sell for $400/$500.
    couldnt get pics today, no time and couldnt find my camera.
    ill definately have some up at some point this weekend.
    other than not having any visuals, what do you folks think a good asking price would be? thanks
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    $750 seems reasonable for a good condition used American Strat.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • 750 would be about the maximum in today's market. With the new '08 Strat and the economy in the crapper, it's going to be tough getting money for an '06 Strat. If you wait a few more years you'll get what you paid for it.
    As I said, with it being a fairly new guitar (even though it's a 60th Anniversary) in today’s market,
    you'll probably get round $650. Now if you waited ten + years or so you may be able to get what
    you paid for it. The problem is the market today - people seem to want vintage gear these days.
    Try to understand that the 50th Anniversary American Strats are just now selling for about what
    they cost 12 years ago (these Anniversaries are Fender's Anniversary, not the Anniversary of the
    Stratocaster). The Stratocaster was introduced in '54, so this means it's been around 54-years.
    Fender was started in 1946 thus you have a Fender 60th Anniversary guitar. The Anniversary
    guitars that are worth a bit more are the actual Anniversary of the Stratocaster (2004 & 2014).