one great amp

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have noticed a lot of people have been looking for amps(as was i before a week ago) and i found a perfect amp: the fender supesonic 112 combo. it is perfect for everything, from clean vibro to heavy metal. please, if on the market for a new amp(and you got the cash, check one out: http://www.fender.com/products/supersonic/
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I will check it out. My list is:
    Fender Twin '65 Reissue
    Fender Twin
    Fender Hot Rod Deville
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
    Traynor YCV40WR
    Traynor YCV50BLUE
    Traynor YCV80
    Fender Supersonic
    Peavey Valveking 212
    Ampeg 212 (dont know the name)
    Fender Bassman Reissue

The list keeps getitng longer.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • What know '59 bassman, or a 1974x Marshal?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • What know '59 bassman, or a 1974x Marshal?

What I would give for a 74x...mmmm....but way too much money and you would have to crank it to get that amazing tone :D:D

I've heard a few people get this amp, maybe I will check it out...i just dont think its a "true fender amp"....but I could be proved wrong

keeponrockin....skip the ycv80 (WAY TOO LOUD), I haven't heard too many good things about the Valveking
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    What I would give for a 74x...mmmm....but way too much money and you would have to crank it to get that amazing tone :D:D

I've heard a few people get this amp, maybe I will check it out...i just dont think its a "true fender amp"....but I could be proved wrong

keeponrockin....skip the ycv80 (WAY TOO LOUD), I haven't heard too many good things about the Valveking

Alright. I'm leaning either towards a Bassman or a Twin of some sort.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205

i like it cause its ment for a combo of the vibro and bassman with usable distortion- try it out and ull be surprised:)
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Alright. I'm leaning either towards a Bassman or a Twin of some sort.

gotta spend some cash on getting a nice overdrive pedal if thats the case :)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • gotta spend some cash on getting a nice overdrive pedal if thats the case :)

This is why the YCV40WR and the 50BLUE keep popping back into my head :)

Ugghh decisions, decisions......
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    This is why the YCV40WR and the 50BLUE keep popping back into my head :)

Ugghh decisions, decisions......

I'm in the same boat. What kind of overdrive would be good? A tubescreamer?
  • I'm in the same boat. What kind of overdrive would be good? A tubescreamer?

I've heard mixed feeling on the TS-9.......I really wann try the OCD somehow, the clips just sound awesome.

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I'm in the same boat. What kind of overdrive would be good? A tubescreamer?

Greedtone. =)
  • I'm in the same boat. What kind of overdrive would be good? A tubescreamer?

I personally hated the TS-9. I sold it within the same week I got it.

If you got a strat I love the sound of the BD-2.
    If you got a humbucker guitar the OCD works great.

The Menatone Red Snapper is my next overdrive I think. Either that or the Dirty Blonde (which sounds like that vintage fender od sound).

I personally can't say because I don't have as much experience with overdrive pedals as some people on here do. I also had the Boss DS-2....i liked it when I had my solid state but now with a tube amp it had to go! The Fulltone Distortion Pro was a nice pedal for that high distortion sound with a little crunch, just wasn't my sound.

You would probably like the Fulltone Fulldrive-2

The greedtone sounds nice too, which I think I might get once the next batch comes around.
  • The Menatone Red Snapper is my next overdrive I think. Either that or the Dirty Blonde (which sounds like that vintage fender od sound).

I'm listening to some of the clips right now on the Menatone website....

Have you tried these??

.NJD.
  • I'm listening to some of the clips right now on the Menatone website....

Have you tried these??

Yeah I've seen the video clips on musictoyz.com

They are such great pedals.

I'm looking at the blue collar too!
  • Yeah I've seen the video clips on musictoyz.com

They are such great pedals.

I'm looking at the blue collar too!

http://www.menatone.com/

I love that Foxy Brown, it's different than the other 2 obviously but I think that would sound just great in front of a Fender amp.

.NJD.
  • http://www.menatone.com/

I love that Foxy Brown, it's different than the other 2 obviously but I think that would sound just great in front of a Fender amp.

yeah thats a great pedal from the sounds...menatone makes such great pedals...between the red snapper, blue collar, dirty blonde, and foxy brown...i would get all 4 :D

edit: how about you get one menatone pedal...i get another...and every 6 months we switch :D
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I will check it out. My list is:
    Fender Twin '65 Reissue
    Fender Twin
    Fender Hot Rod Deville
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
    Traynor YCV40WR
    Traynor YCV50BLUE
    Traynor YCV80
    Fender Supersonic
    Peavey Valveking 212
    Ampeg 212 (dont know the name)
    Fender Bassman Reissue

The list keeps getitng longer.

Peavey Valveking is decent. Just decent. For your money, you can probably spend $200 more and get so much more out of the amp.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    Peavey Valveking is decent. Just decent. For your money, you can probably spend $200 more and get so much more out of the amp.

Ya, thats what I'm thinking.
  • yeah thats a great pedal from the sounds...menatone makes such great pedals...between the red snapper, blue collar, dirty blonde, and foxy brown...i would get all 4 :D

edit: how about you get one menatone pedal...i get another...and every 6 months we switch :D

Haha, sounds like a plan.

Shipping to New York could get a little pricey though ;)

.NJD.
    Haha, sounds like a plan.

Shipping to New York could get a little pricey though ;)

TMW, How do we manage to Hijack every amp thread:p
  • TMW, How do we manage to Hijack every amp thread:p

It's so true, it's 'cause we can't freakin' decide on something :p

.NJD.
    It's so true, it's 'cause we can't freakin' decide on something :p

I'm like that... Took me 6 months for my godin!
  • I'm like that... Took me 6 months for my godin!

Which one do you have again?

.NJD.
  • yeah thats a great pedal from the sounds...menatone makes such great pedals...between the red snapper, blue collar, dirty blonde, and foxy brown...i would get all 4 :D

I should have pounced on that 50BLUE for $475 a few months ago!!! :(:(

That's a steal, it had JJ's in it too :(

Dammit.

.NJD.
  • I should have pounced on that 50BLUE for $475 a few months ago!!! :(:(

That's a steal, it had JJ's in it too :(

Dammit.

You know my feeling about the 50BLUE...

Out of everything I have seen you try and play over the past YEAR! :eek:

I would look at the Traynors (obviously) and the Fender Blues Deluxe RI...because these are great amps and in your price range! ;)

But seriously, your doing the right thing...I think its been since I got my amp last year that you were looking!! one day you will be satisfied :D
    Which one do you have again?

Freeway Classic. I was ready to buy a Fat Strat then I played that. Gorgeous. Anyways, Ya, still looking for the amp....