2 new les pauls

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I don't know who has seen this yet, but there are two new Classic models on Gibson.com, the Les Paul Classic Custom and the Les Paul Classic Antique.

"...With a beautiful ebony, single-bound body, gold hardware, and new, gold-appointed ’57 Classic humbuckers, the Classic Custom looks as amazing as it sounds. An affordable, vintage-styled Les Paul for today’s players."

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Classics/Les%20Paul%20Classic%20Antique/

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Classics/Les%20Paul%20Classic%20Custom/

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the yellow binding on the guita with the white inlays look like shit?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, the yellow binding is just skipping ahead a few steps.

the cream binding on customs goes yellow with age anyway. mine has. though not to that extreme. a few years of gigging in smokey bars and it would go that yellow.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I have to say, I'm not really a fan of the naked humbuckers. The guitars themselves look fine though.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • I actually like the yellow binding. When I have the cash, I'm goin for a Standard or Classic!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    I actually like the yellow binding. When I have the cash, I'm goin for a Standard or Classic!
    i guess its a step up from the snot green inlays in the other classic
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    i guess its a step up from the snot green inlays in the other classic

Exactly why I hate the classic!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Exactly why I hate the classic!

I HAVE one of those green inlay Classics.
    I got it for a great price, and they are great guitars, but what were they thinking????

It's funny how people with old vintage guitars do everything they can to KEEP from from aging further, ( I did) but people pay a lot extra to BUY pre-aged guitars.

My classic is a 60's Classic Paul. haha, it has a cheesy "1960 Classic" on the pickguard that I'll either buff out someday,or change for 20 bucks, and those greened inlays are a work of bad art, almost the person who thought of it was a relative of the CEO or something!!
    I'm going to bleach them out, though, someday, probably in the far future.

I got it almost unplayed for less than a thousand bucks, though, and it's a great guitar. The 500 bridge pickup is TOO loud for me, but great for heavy rock if that's what people are going to use it for. I stuck a set of PRS Artists in there, that I had laying around, and it sounds great.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart