guild nightbirds:):):):)

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
holy crap i played one of these today, circa 1987, nicest electric guitar ive ever played, including a mint 1958 les paul. they are amazing, and they arre actually LIGHT.theyre now my dream guitars
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• How'd you get your hands on a 58!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    How'd you get your hands on a 58!
    same way i got my hands on a nightbird-
    theres a local music store,DAve Phillips, and i am like the only kid that goes there, and i go there about 3 times a week, and all the staff know me, and theres this one guy who is friends with my mom's co-worker, and he has about 30 guitars. and one day he invited me over to play them. i loved the 58. than today, the mananger of the store brought in his nightbird for me to try, and i actually liked it better. the neck was awsome, the pickups were great.

amazing how they trust all that with a 14 yr old too:)
  • Damn, I'm 15, and wish I had that chance!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Wow, I feel old as dirt at 19. And both of you are probably better guitarists than me, too.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i was older than all of you when i started playing. ugh. my joints ache.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I didn't start playing until I was 26, which was last year. Better late than never.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    damnit heres me hitting the big 30 next month everytime i go into the local larger music stores i get looked at as if im gonna steal everything.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • Guild had a cool electric line going for them for a while there.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    dave phillips....not the same guy that was in the catholics, is it? (frank black's band)
    no, just a local store( davephillipsmusic.com )
  • i played a couple of the mid '90's bluesbird/blues 90s. my fave guitars i've ver picked up too. whenever i get around to saving a bunch, i plan on ebaying one. sucks they don't make 'em anymore, tho i'm sure the demand really isn't there.
    For my money, they are right in the best-bang-for-buck/quality range, with Hamers. used for $1k, better build and tone then many a Gibson.