alive solo tab

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
first off, i would like to say i hardly ever use tabs, but this is just one of those situations i have to(mike plays so fast i cant get most of it by ear:)) and the tabs ive tried on giventowail and other sites just dont sound right. so, can anyone please give me an accurate tabfor it? thank you

please do not send me the 1 from giventowail
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I dont have it off hand, but I learned it from the guitar book from ten. You could buy it at most music shops. Im pretty sure Guitar Center has it.
    Or you could go there and just write it down, it might take awhile, but itd be woth it.

Speaking of this solo, the first time I heard it (back when Ten came out) I knew I had to learn how to play it so I taught myself how to play the guitar and about 3-4 yrs after I could finally play it. ..and now I've been playing for about 13-14 years and I still love what McCready does!!!
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I brought the solo into one of my guitar lessons, but my teacher basically listened to the CD and showed me how to play it section by sections (I only have the first page or so down) and he said the tab that I got from GTW was pretty damn accurate.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    moster78 wrote:
    I brought the solo into one of my guitar lessons, but my teacher basically listened to the CD and showed me how to play it section by sections (I only have the first page or so down) and he said the tab that I got from GTW was pretty damn accurate.

The one from the whole Ten book, right?

Nevermind, I just figured out what youre talking about.
  • "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    the giventowail tab is accurate, except for the first line, its missing a few notes

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • That's nothingggggggggggg

Mike takes it nice and easy on Alive for the most part! Especially the Ten version!

Tab "Go" mofo. :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    That's nothingggggggggggg

Mike takes it nice and easy on Alive for the most part! Especially the Ten version!

Tab "Go" mofo. :p
    i can play go fine
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    i can play go fine
    I can too actually, i was just kidding around with the comment he made about the speed of the Alive solo. :p

"Make our day"
    I can too actually, i was just kidding around with the comment he made about the speed of the Alive solo. :p

the reason i can play go and not alive is beccause i actually have the go sheet music, and i had to learn alive by ear, and when i have to learn it by ear, it seems pretty fast
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    the reason i can play go and not alive is beccause i actually have the go sheet music, and i had to learn alive by ear, and when i have to learn it by ear, it seems pretty fast
    haha you have Go sheet music? Awesome!

I can play it because it's so fast that i don't need to know the exact notes to make it sound right. Just play the right key and fast as possible :cool:

"Make our day"
    haha you have Go sheet music? Awesome!

I can play it because it's so fast that i don't need to know the exact notes to make it sound right. Just play the right key and fast as possible :cool:
    ya, i got the go sheet from my teacher, so its not really any thing from a book, he wrote it out, but it works :)
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    Any luck on that solo yet??
    i got about half of it by ear, but i cant quite get all of it
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Did I hear right? There's an Alive tab in the Guitar Legends magazine?