googd jazz strings

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
ive been playing guitar for 2 yrs, and i never really got into any jazz stuff. now im gonna try out for the jazz band this year, and i dont know what kind of strings are the best to use(my ghs progressive 10s dont really say jazzy lol.) i know that you should use thinner strings for jazz, but what are the best? i fell like my strings are too hard to bar across. what are the best strings for that? any ideas?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    I'm not sure where you're getting your "thinner strings" info but if anything, I'd go the other way. And Flatwound. They're expensive but they're designed specifically for jazz and they're good. Remember, if you're gonna change string guages, go get your guitar set-up by a professional. It might just help with your problem barring chords, too.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    biffhardon wrote:
    I'm not sure where you're getting your "thinner strings" info but if anything, I'd go the other way. And Flatwound. They're expensive but they're designed specifically for jazz and they're good. Remember, if you're gonna change string guages, go get your guitar set-up by a professional. It might just help with your problem barring chords, too.
    YA, SRY, I MENT THICKER STRINGS, AND THAT I HAD TOO THIN STRINGS LOL
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go