good p90 guitar

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
im saving up for a good guitar with p90s. i want the same sound as the sg classic, but by the time i get the cash, it will probobally be unable to buy anywhere(gibson discontinued it). i want a guitar that sounds just like that and is in that price range(700-900) any ideas?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    What if you hunted down a used SG classic?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    What if you hunted down a used SG classic?
    ya, but i use ebay to look at the pics of guitars, not to buy:)
    moster78 wrote:
    thats another one ive been leaning towards, but i dont kno if i could see myself buying a faded
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    seanw1010 wrote:
    ya, but i use ebay to look at the pics of guitars, not to buy:)

I do the same (glad to know I'm not the only one)... Anyways, what if you waited for one locally, be patient!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    im saving up for a good guitar with p90s. i want the same sound as the sg classic, but by the time i get the cash, it will probobally be unable to buy anywhere(gibson discontinued it). i want a guitar that sounds just like that and is in that price range(700-900) any ideas?

Where do you live sean?
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Where do you live sean?
    hampton NJ, do you have something?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    How about buying a regular SG and dropping in a set of Harmonic Design Z-90s. ;)
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    hampton NJ, do you have something?

I was just checking Craigslist for you, but you probably knew the website anyway :)

If I come across one I'll let you know.....
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    I was just checking Craigslist for you, but you probably knew the website anyway :)

If I come across one I'll let you know.....
    ok thanks man
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    enharmonic wrote:
    How about buying a regular SG and dropping in a set of Harmonic Design Z-90s. ;)

Thats my plan once I get a Les Paul. Gonna throw some sort of p90's into my SG. Either those, Phat Cats or Fralin P92's, something humbucker sized so I don't have to get a new pickguard and reroute the body.
  • i own a 1996 les paul studio gem series. i think that was the last les paul (besides the DC model) to have P90's. I'm sure you can find a used one in decent condition in your price range. Last I looked people were paying around a grand for them.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • moster78 wrote:

I've checked those out many times including the single P90 version. The quality on those necks are just plain embarassing. I'd have to spend way too much time on the frets to get that guitar to feel comfortable. Which is to bad because its right up my alley.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/