what fret would i play c-jam blues if it was in Bflat?

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
what fret would i play c-jam blues if it was in Bflat? the chords are Bflat7, Eflat7, and Cmi7
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    bump
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • depending on what scales your using you could most likely start them at the 1st, 6th, or 13th fret, a standard blusey scale would go somethign liek this in B-flat (a sharp)

work from the 6th string, and play the notes higher until you finish at the 1st string..

you could start this at the 13th fret, get the same results, just add 12 to every number. its a simple pattern, works great for filling in between riffs, just wail on it. throw in lots of bends slides, and combos of notes.

1--- 6 8 10
    2--- 6 8
    3--- 3 5 7
    4--- 3 5
    5--- 1 3 5
    6--- 1 3

heres another, same scale, higher position

1--- 13 15
    2--- 11 13 15
    3--- 10 12 14
    4--- 8 10 12
    5--- 8 10
    6--- 6 8 10

i chose these because for newer guys they are simple, and cover a good section of the neck. i use it all the time myself. the roots are allways on the 6th string and the pattern either starts with 3 notes on the 6th string, followed by two on the next (then alternating) or vise versa. just remeber the skip when you get to the second string to stay in key!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Key of B-flat (Major) . . .
    - There are 2-flats in the key of B-flat Major (B-flat & E-flat).
    The scale is Bb, C, D, Eb, F, G, A

-Depending on what you want to play:
    Pentatonic-wise: G-Minor Pentatonic (G-aeolian) starting on the 3rd fret could be a nice choice (which in the same position is also called B-flat Major).

-I'd probably also go with somthing like C-Dorian on the 8th fret, and D-Phrygian on the 10th fret (to mix things up, so I'm not just playing in one place on the fretboard). Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫