guess what i found

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i just found a gibson les paul JR. body in my attic!!!!!! i have no idea what year it is, but i will look into it. the headstock is kinda cracked, so i might have to fix that. there is no pU in it, and the body is all scratched up. sounds like a great project. anyone know any goo d parts to use for it? im gonna get all new parts, provided it isnt a vintage guitar. i guess some previous owner forgot about it. it was wedged behind a heap of crap, too
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    hahaha thats awesome! Is it a Gibson? Thats a jackpot. My god, that is sweet. Pics!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • hahaha thats awesome! Is it a Gibson? Thats a jackpot. My god, that is sweet. Pics!

Yah!!

Wow dude, you gotta post some pics.

This is like a Guitarist's Buried Treasure Chest!!!! :D:D
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • this is the best news on the forum since we realized they took the riot act gear sticky away!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • this is the best news on the forum since we realized they took the riot act gear sticky away!

LOL!

I think the next big news on this forum is when they post GTW as a sticky... ;)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    LOL!

I think the next big news on this forum is when they post GTW as a sticky... ;)

And this managed to take over the thread yet again:)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    i checked serial, and... it turned out it was in fact a gibo, but i guess the origional owner was a jackass, and didnt know that its a dumb idea to repaint it, and painted it in a sparckle blue color. i was sceptical about the paint color when i first found it, too. the worst part is, its an ugly colorlol. but hey, it is a gibson from i think 1994. ill try to post pics 2morrow, but i can only use a camera phone(dont have a digital yet)
    this is the best news on the forum since we realized they took the riot act gear sticky away!
    LOLOLOLOL
    seanw1010 wrote:
    i checked serial, and... it turned out it was in fact a gibo, but i guess the origional owner was a jackass, and didnt know that its a dumb idea to repaint it, and painted it in a sparckle blue color. i was sceptical about the paint color when i first found it, too. the worst part is, its an ugly colorlol. but hey, it is a gibson from i think 1994. ill try to post pics 2morrow, but i can only use a camera phone(dont have a digital yet)

You found a Gibson in your attic. Who cares if its a refin! You can customize it to hell.
    You found a Gibson in your attic. Who cares if its a refin! You can customize it to hell.
    thats exactly what im gonna do, i actually just (5min ago) striped the guitar of everything, and im gonna go to a store 2morrow and get new pots, new wraparound, new pickup, and of course keep everything the is the stock as well. ill have to get a neck job as well tho..
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    a neck job

Never had one of those, how is it ? :p
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    seanw1010 wrote:
    thats exactly what im gonna do, i actually just (5min ago) striped the guitar of everything, and im gonna go to a store 2morrow and get new pots, new wraparound, new pickup, and of course keep everything the is the stock as well. ill have to get a neck job as well tho..

What color are you gonna do? Ya know, you can't buy that kind of story/history. Thats the guitar collectors dream.

EDIT: GUITAR PLAYERS
  • throw in a p90 and call it a day :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    What color are you gonna do? Ya know, you can't buy that kind of story/history. Thats the guitar collectors dream.
    im prolly gonna take the crap paintjob off the heat method, than im gonna paint it in a sunburst color like i did 2 my old strat
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    throw in a p90 and call it a day :D

P90, hell. Go for the '57 and make it sing as long as you're going to customize it!
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1