for all you people who bash the supersonic.....

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
...because its not a "traditional" fender amp, heres what some of you said about it some time ago: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=160006&highlight=supersonic
if you just give it a try, you will like.

btw, STOP BASHING MY AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Who bashed it?

I still haven't been able to play with one yet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Who bashed it?

I still haven't been able to play with one yet.
    the people who havnt played it, yet say its not a bassman or a vibro fender so it must be crappy
  • I've played thru it. Looking at it as just a straight tube amp, sure its fine. Looking at is as a amp that suppose to capture the tones of a '65 vibro lux or a '66 bassman, I don't think it does. Sure it's closer then what amp farm, or the pod's are doing with their modeling. But I'd say if you want one of those tones, just go get the real deal. But in the long run its what you like for yourself, not what others thing.

Still play a Peavey Axcelerator over my '62 bassman. Still play a Danelectro over my Les Paul. That's the breaks.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seanw1010 wrote:
    ...because its not a "traditional" fender amp, heres what some of you said about it some time ago: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=160006&highlight=supersonic
    if you just give it a try, you will like.

btw, STOP BASHING MY AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're in the gear world. get used to it.

if you like it, it's all good.
  • i played it the other day in a GC....

i don't really have any strong critique of it.

I just don't like it. Not for me.
    Missing some complexity in the cleans, and i really
    could not dial in a gain sound i liked at all.

That being said, it's better then a lot of amps in
    that price range, and i'm glad Fender is trying new stuff
    with TUBE amps (like their new Princeton, that might be worth a look!!, tho definitely overpriced).

i could see a time in the short future where they no longer make
    these amps, and everyone raves about them. Sorta like the Fender Rivera 80's amps. So who knows?
  • i played it the other day in a GC....

i don't really have any strong critique of it.

I just don't like it. Not for me.
    Missing some complexity in the cleans, and i really
    could not dial in a gain sound i liked at all.

That being said, it's better then a lot of amps in
    that price range, and i'm glad Fender is trying new stuff
    with TUBE amps (like their new Princeton, that might be worth a look!!, tho definitely overpriced).

i could see a time in the short future where they no longer make
    these amps, and everyone raves about them. Sorta like the Fender Rivera 80's amps. So who knows?

fender is smart with buying trends though. if they notice alot of a certain model coming up in private trades/sales, rather than letting individuals sell the original, they create a re-issue, and capitolize once again on a product they have allready made. Such as the Deluxe Tweeds. They came out in the early 90's not the most popular, by 2000 there was quite an outside market on them. now its back in the line up for a while. Its genious, and most people are satisfied paying less for something new, than paying more for something used. (in most cases, guitars especially)

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Fender did a great job with that Pro Junior. Dig that alot. Also Ephiphones 5 watt valve junior head. Do a couple mods to it and it sounds just awesome.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    exhausted wrote:
    you're in the gear world. get used to it.

if you like it, it's all good.

That's the mentality you have to have. When it comes to instruments or gear, people's tastes and the individual instrument itself all vary. There will always be haters.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I hate that amp, period...and yes I've played it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    I hate that amp, period...and yes I've played it
    what did you hate about it?
  • i played it recently, doesn't quite do it for me, ive moved on and decided to get something a little more....tweed i geuss.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Man I don't hate your amp, I just prefer the TR. That's all. :)
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    what did you hate about it?

The overdrive sounds so fake and bad...The clean sounds dull...and it doesn't sound anything like the 2 amps it's supposed to modify...deffinantly not worth 1100

But hey, if you like it...that's all that matters...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    i played it recently, doesn't quite do it for me, ive moved on and decided to get something a little more....tweed i geuss.

Yeah, I think I'm going to head to GC at lunch time and plug into a 59 Bassman again.
  • moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, I think I'm going to head to GC at lunch time and plug into a 59 Bassman again.

I hate that guy there that used to have long hair now he has shortist hair and he thinks he knows everything. He's kind of weird looking...he wont let you put a guitar back unless you pay for it. One time I got so mad at him I'm like LOOK IM TRYING IT OUT, haha
    I hate that guy there that used to have long hair now he has shortist hair and he thinks he knows everything. He's kind of weird looking...he wont let you put a guitar back unless you pay for it. One time I got so mad at him I'm like LOOK IM TRYING IT OUT, haha

I think I know the guy you're talking about. I hate the guys at the Commack GC. I went to the one in Carle Place, closer to my office. Played a SRV Strat, damn was it nice.
    moster78 wrote:
    I think I know the guy you're talking about. I hate the guys at the Commack GC. I went to the one in Carle Place, closer to my office. Played a SRV Strat, damn was it nice.
    oh, i tried it on sunday, IMO as nice as a custom shop 56 strat
    seanw1010 wrote:
    oh, i tried it on sunday, IMO as nice as a custom shop 56 strat

Yeah, it was nice. I was honestly looking for a John Mayer Strat to play, but no luck, so I figured the SRV was a close alternative.
    moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, it was nice. I was honestly looking for a John Mayer Strat to play, but no luck, so I figured the SRV was a close alternative.
    eww john mayer jk
  • moster78 wrote:

they are actually quite different. The way johm mayer has his electronics set up is not a "Classic/traditional" fender way of doing it, thats probly the only reason why they hav a signature for him to promote this new "era" of guitar sounds.

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    beyond the second tone controlling both mid and bridge, it's pretty much by the book though. the neck's sort of the unique thing i guess.
    exhausted wrote:
    beyond the second tone controlling both mid and bridge, it's pretty much by the book though. the neck's sort of the unique thing i guess.

Which model are we talking about here? The JM or the SRV? I'm all confused! I know the pickups on the JM are different as well.