just bought a texas special neck p/u on ebay...

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
.. and im gonna put it in my standard strat(the fact. neck puckup is way too muddy) i was gonna get an SCN noiseless for it cause i love the sound of them in my deluxe ash tele, but for60, compared to 35, i just went and bought the texas special. anyone kno if theyre any good?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010 wrote:
    .. and im gonna put it in my standard strat(the fact. neck puckup is way too muddy) i was gonna get an SCN noiseless for it cause i love the sound of them in my deluxe ash tele, but for60, compared to 35, i just went and bought the texas special. anyone kno if theyre any good?

if your looking for clarity, then it probably isn't at the top of the list for fender pickups. It will definately chunk up your sound, and have some nice mids and controllable lows. The high end and low end clarity though will be sacrificed for the beefy mid's.

edit: by the way my Fender Vintage 57/62 pickups came in the other day, kind of pricey but i know they will haul ass in my hardtail Stage/Performance strat.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    if your looking for clarity, then it probably isn't at the top of the list for fender pickups. It will definately chunk up your sound, and have some nice mids and controllable lows. The high end and low end clarity though will be sacrificed for the beefy mid's.

edit: by the way my Fender Vintage 57/62 pickups came in the other day, kind of pricey but i know they will haul ass in my hardtail Stage/Performance strat.
    i was looking for a tone you kindof hear on live YLB versions. i also wanted an SRV tone, which alot of people said that it does. i hope it holds up to it
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I believe all of SRV's pickups were Texas Specials. Using that and .12 gauge strings, you could probably get a similar tone. I was interested in getting one for a while, let us know what you think of it once you try it out for a while.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • gobrowns19 wrote:
    I believe all of SRV's pickups were Texas Specials. Using that and .12 gauge strings, you could probably get a similar tone. I was interested in getting one for a while, let us know what you think of it once you try it out for a while.

I had this conversation earlier about SRV's tone.

It was all in the hat:p
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • for SRV/Heavy Blues stuff, you definately picked the right pickup, infact the clearer pickups seem to eliminate that tone a bit. i NEVER play my american deluxe V neck on the stage, it sucks for stage sound, for studio work though, its crystal clear and gives off no noise.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    for SRV/Heavy Blues stuff, you definately picked the right pickup, infact the clearer pickups seem to eliminate that tone a bit. i NEVER play my american deluxe V neck on the stage, it sucks for stage sound, for studio work though, its crystal clear and gives off no noise.
    cool, i cant wait to pop mine in:)