can you fit a humbucker in the neck position of a fender american telecaster....

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
.without rerouting the body? im talking about a standard american tele body, anyoneknow?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i have a 57 classic in the neck pickup of my squier tele
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seanw1010 wrote:
    .without rerouting the body? im talking about a standard american tele body, anyoneknow?

not in my 96 american standard for sure. dont know how the new ones are routed.
  • I think you could also get a single coil sized 'bucker. Like the Seymor Duncan JB Junior.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    I think you could also get a single coil sized 'bucker. Like the Seymor Duncan JB Junior.
    yeah, but thats not llike "Keefs"
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Then I don't know. Keef probably had some routing at some point.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    yeah, but thats not llike "Keefs"

Everybody always wants to be like someone. Seriously, I don't get that sometimes. Even Ed. Though I wouldn't mind that original black Schecter Tele of his either :D But that's just a very cool guitar.
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    pearlwax wrote:
    Everybody always wants to be like someone. Seriously, I don't get that sometimes. Even Ed. Though I wouldn't mind that original black Schecter Tele of his either :D But that's just a very cool guitar.

I have one of the Pete Towsend Schecter Tele (gold) that has the two Duncan Humbuckers and a toggle switch to play it as a single coil as well. This is the most versitale guitar I have owned/played.

While I try to mold my playing to the style of Keith Richards and Mick Taylor, I don't need to have the "exact guitar", also due to having larger fingers, I use different fingering at times to get the tone/sound. I think it is a good thing to enjoy trying to learn how to play in someones style, but aside from being in tribute bands, it is always best to adapt someones style to your own...several guitarists have made a great career out of it:

Keith adapting to Ry Cooder/Chuck Berry
    Rich Robinson adapting to Keith Richards
    actually just about all Rock guitarists have taken a part of Chuck Berry
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.