Martin 000-28 Acoustic Guitar- awsome

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok, so i went on the martin factory tour today, and in the beginning of the tour you are allowed(if you play the guitar)(they test youon a cheep 1,) to go into a room with a bunch of high priced martins. there were guitars from $1000 to one that was $13000, and i tried them all, and i have to say that i liked this one the best: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-00028-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514776 honestly, out of all of em there< including the expensive ones, it was the best sounding one. i want it badly(but dont have the $)
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    seanw1010 wrote:
    ok, so i went on the martin factory tour today, and in the beginning of the tour you are allowed(if you play the guitar)(they test youon a cheep 1,) to go into a room with a bunch of high priced martins. there were guitars from $1000 to one that was $13000, and i tried them all, and i have to say that i liked this one the best: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-00028-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514776 honestly, out of all of em there< including the expensive ones, it was the best sounding one. i want it badly(but dont have the $)

Martin makes some incredible guitars!!
    Where was this tour?
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    mca47 wrote:
    Martin makes some incredible guitars!!
    Where was this tour?
    nazereth, pennysylvania
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    What was the test like? Do you have to read music? I can play smoke on the water!

I did a lot of homework 2-3 years ago for the perfect martin in my price range, and found the D1 just a notch above the DM with a full wood back, only the sides are laminate (the DM has laminate sides and back). D28 had the sound I wanted, but D1 was as close as I could come....

But yeah, i looked at maybe going out to the factory, getting a tour, and pickin up my custom built Martin! But then my lotto number wasn't picked.

One day!
    [sic] happens
    acutejam wrote:
    What was the test like? Do you have to read music? I can play smoke on the water!

I did a lot of homework 2-3 years ago for the perfect martin in my price range, and found the D1 just a notch above the DM with a full wood back, only the sides are laminate (the DM has laminate sides and back). D28 had the sound I wanted, but D1 was as close as I could come....

But yeah, i looked at maybe going out to the factory, getting a tour, and pickin up my custom built Martin! But then my lotto number wasn't picked.

One day!
    it was just to see if you knew how to hold a guitar, and to strum a few chords. but the tour really is worth going to, and i would go back just to try the guitars againlol
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    i have a martin 000-15
    crazy guitar. love the size and defined sound. i've playted some high priced gibson's and a custom huss & dalton. martin's kick ass.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
    elstongunn wrote:
    i have a martin 000-15
    crazy guitar. love the size and defined sound. i've playted some high priced gibson's and a custom huss & dalton. martin's kick ass.
    i also like the somewhat smaller bodies compaired to the drednaughts. people say they lack the tonal quality, but i really dont think so
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    speaking as a former resident of Nazareth, how'd you come upon being there? You live local? My friend just did the tour, said it was awesome. They have Johnny Cash's guitar, and Im sure they have many other "famous" guitars in their collection.

Isnt it amazing how much personal effort goes into a martin? And isnt it wierd how much of is done by old ladies?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
    speaking as a former resident of Nazareth, how'd you come upon being there? You live local? My friend just did the tour, said it was awesome. They have Johnny Cash's guitar, and Im sure they have many other "famous" guitars in their collection.

Isnt it amazing how much personal effort goes into a martin? And isnt it wierd how much of is done by old ladies?
    i live in hampton, nj, so im pretty close to it. and ya, thats dfunny