tried new gear today

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
went to a local store and tried out some stuff:
Gibson les paul std.: whats to say? sounded great, played great, was about 600$ overpriced for a guitar

taylor 815ce-damn!!! so easy to play it was amazing, if i had the dough, id buy it on the spot

and, finally, a rickenbacker 360/12- HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing was amazing!!!!!!!!! anyone here have one? i loved it. might go back on tuesday just to play it
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Damn you're lucky. My local guitar shop is terrible for trying out new stuff unless you feel like playing Epiphones or Mexican Fenders and Squires through Fender amps all day. The selection blows. :(

If I ever really want to try something out seriously I have to drive about an hour away to get to a Guitar Center or a Sam Ash.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Les Pauls are gorgeous.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Les Pauls are gorgeous.
    sure, if youve got 2300$ lying around.
    what really impressed me was the rick tho. i played it at first through a supersonic, same amp as mine, and it was amazing on clean. and, amazing with some dist. on it(think Fogerty, creedence CR) than, i tried it through a vox cc30 andWOW!!!!!!!!! amazing!!!!!!!!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i've had a rick 330-12 for years. love the sound. hate the neck.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    exhausted wrote:
    i've had a rick 330-12 for years. love the sound. hate the neck.
    i didnt mind the neck that much, it wasnt perfect, but the sound made up for it :)
    kinda pricy tho
  • A friend of mine has an old rick bass, it's his dad's. That is gorgeous.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seanw1010 wrote:
    i didnt mind the neck that much, it wasnt perfect, but the sound made up for it :)
    kinda pricy tho

for the quality and character though they're actually pretty reasonable price wise. expensive yes,but not out of line for the level they're at.
  • I've never played a Rick.... they are very beautiful... specially the "sunburst red"(i don't know if this is the right name of the color) ones!

Your set up is great... send pics!