schecter pete townshend tele????

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
why is it so cheap only 300!! is it good? ive been looking for a semi cheap tele to mess around with, and this looks pretty good. any comments?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    seanw1010 wrote:
    why is it so cheap only 300!! is it good? ive been looking for a semi cheap tele to mess around with, and this looks pretty good. any comments?

Is it the 1980's custom shop version or the newer diamond series PT built in Korea, because that's probably your answer.

Nevertheless, All Schecters are well built, if you're looking for a good value the schecters are certainly a good value very nice all around guitars, but hey don't take my word for it, play about 50 of them and then 50 of everything else and see if you don't agree.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • For 300 bucks, they're hard to beat. You'll almost certainly need some serious set-up work done on it but it should still come in under $400.
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    biffhardon wrote:
    For 300 bucks, they're hard to beat. You'll almost certainly need some serious set-up work done on it but it should still come in under $400.

I have one of those guitars, got it professionally set up and I'd have to say i play it more than any of my other guitars. It has great tone and feel. My only critique of it would be that it is heavier than a lead elephant.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • If you're looking for a cheap, good Tele, check out the G&L ASAT Tributes. It's Fender's last company before he died w/ George Fullerton and is generally better than Fender b/c he made improvements. The Tribute line is Korean made but they sound amazing.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    If you're looking for a cheap, good Tele, check out the G&L ASAT Tributes. It's Fender's last company before he died w/ George Fullerton and is generally better than Fender b/c he made improvements. The Tribute line is Korean made but they sound amazing.
    ive already got a great tele, fender deluxe ash:)
    i wanted to know why it was so cheap
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go