need new amp

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have a question about two amps:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC15CC1-Custom-Classic-1x12-Tube-Amp?sku=482625 -is thais amp loud, if so how loud?
if it isnt very loud, should i save up for this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well, The first one is a 15W and the second is a 30W. I´d prefer the second and i´d save for it!
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    As the proud owner of a 15 Watt tube amp (not that amp, but a Fender Blues Junior) let me tell you, 15 Watts can get quite loud. And I'm not exaggerating. I've never put my amp over a 4 or a 5 on the volume, even when I gigged out with it once. And in that instance it was mic'd anyway. Its all preference though. I've played around on those amps and they're both nice. Plug into them both and give them a whirl.
  • links aren't working for me :(
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • From what I've heard the 30watt Vox is LOUD.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    how loud do you need it to be?

most people think they need to create much more volume than they actually do.
  • LifeWasted21LifeWasted21 Posts: 149
    exhausted wrote:

100 watts, go all out. do it

:)
    300W randall warhead. come on!!!!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    exhausted wrote:

We're guitar players, that's what we do!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    ^^-my words exactly
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    thnaks, but now im hearing the warfdofal speakers it comes with arent so great, so i might spring for the vox with the celestion blue speakers(pricy i know)
    http://www.music123.com/VOX-AC30CC2X-2x12-Combo-i158096.music
  • TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 472
    i own that amp....about 4 months now... and played the ac30 several times in stores.

the ac15 is fairly loud, not as much maybe as fender devilles, or something like that. the topboost circuit really gives a great cut and grind to the tone. by that i mean, if you crank it, your tone will be nice and dirty. cleans up fair by backing off you guitar volume.

the ac30 was extremely loud to my ears, tho not as loud as the real vintage ones. its a totally different animal then the ac15 tho, just check out the number of switches, wattage cuts, rectifier this, boost blend that, blahblahblah.

not saying its not a great amp, just saying there was more bells and whistles then i was personally looking for.

I bought the ac15 mostly for low to mid level recording, and i love it for that.
    Doesn't quite have the oomph for full level band rehearsals, which i'm a little disappointed in. i'm considering running two amps stereo, one ac15 one fender deluxe reverb (22watts), but my band mates are giving me funny looks when i bring that possibility up.
    G' Luck
    i'm considering running two amps stereo, one ac15 one fender deluxe reverb (22watts), but my band mates are giving me funny looks when i bring that possibility up.
    G' Luck

but it would sound incredible. do it.
  • TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 472
    exhausted wrote:
    but it would sound incredible. do it.

ok

cuz you said so :^)

earplugs are cheap, right??