ever changed musical moods for a day?

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
today, when i got home from school, for some reason i decided to take my acoustic out and play some beethovan. i just suddenly wanted to play some classical. i hardly ever play classical. anyone else changed their musical moods?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Every single day. I have ADD.

Honestly I can't get enough of the Brandenburg Conciertos (sp)

Some days it dosen't get better than baroque chamber music or a brass choir.

I'm a big fan of Aaron Copeland too, must be the scotch heritage with the open 3rds and 5ths.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Every single day. I have ADD.

Honestly I can't get enough of the Brandenburg Conciertos (sp)

Some days it dosen't get better than baroque chamber music or a brass choir.

I'm a big fan of Aaron Copeland too, must be the scotch heritage with the open 3rds and 5ths.

I do it all the time too. Anytime i get done with a CD, i switch to a completely different genre.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • i listen to alot of hip hop when im tryign to write...it clears my head of all rock riffage so i can try and make something fresh.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Meh, everyone has those preference jumps once in a while, it's what keeps music interesting. Some days I'll want to play some Zeppelin. Then sometimes I'll want to play some Green Day. Other days I'll want to play some strait forward Death Metal riffs. Then sometimes I'lll even just want to play strait forward Delta Blues ^^

I tell you though, Classical is not an easy genrw to pull off on guitar, i'm impressed with anyone that an do it even half assed :)
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I often try to learn thing sthat are well beyond my technical ability. even if I can't play them, I usually pick up something that I can use in my own playing. While I might never reach Jeff Buckley status on guitar, I am definitely a much better guitarist today than I was a year ago...and that's because I'm always trying to pick up that extra 1%. Over time, it adds up.

I'll never have the speed or dexterity to be a great lead player, so I mainly focus on being the best rhtyhm player I can be...which is more than enough to keep me busy for another 30 years :D