anyone here got a voodoo microvibe?

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
so i want a univibe, but i dont want to spend 300$. does anyone here have one? they good?
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's not perfect, but it should work out for you if you go that route.

you can always get a TIP third hand if you find you need the pedal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I have one and love it, but recently it has been crapping out on me.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I had one - but same thing as the other guy (it shit out on me after about a year). I'd say it's not worth it because a real one will last longer, and at $150 by the time you buy two you can have a real Univibe with expression (the Uni-Vibe's currently selling for like $219.99 by itself).

I have a real Uni-Vibe now and love it, though I don't use that much because it doesn't fit on my pedalboard easily -- and I have a very BIG PedalBoard 17x35 (the Uni-Vibe's a bit clunky/big with the expression pedal attached).

But here's another option - you might want look into the Line6 MM4 (I have this on my board instead).
    It has the Univibe setting, along with quite a few other modulation effects -- I think it has 16 effects including: Uni-Vibe, Phase 90, Leslie 147, CE-1 Chorus, MXR Flanger, the incredibly rare Tri-Stereo Chorus, Mutron Bi-phase, and you can get an expression pedal for it (just like the real univibe).
    They sell for like $249 at Guitar Center and Sam Ash, but if you talk to the right guys at GC you can get it for less - same with almost everything, including a real Uni-Vibe.
    I almost always buy new gear (unless I'm specifically looking for something vintage), and I never pay retail or GLP (guaranteed lowest price), or whatever this or that store wants to call it - that's for any gear.
    Take a look-see - it might be something you'll like.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.retroman-music.com/UBERVIBE%20PAGE.htm

here's one I've been wanting recently if you're interested.

Fairly small box, and the speed knob is on the side so you can move it with your foot easily. Saves EX pedal space.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.