anyone here got a route 66 in their chain?

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
ive been looking at the reviews, and everyone seems to love it. does anyone here use them? ive got a ts9, and i want another overdrive to put over that too(hey, srv once used 13 ts9s, lol!) just to get a little extra push.
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I've read some okay reviews about the R66, but haven't personally found anyone that has used one (STRANGE) -- makes me wonder???
    It seems like only the famous and rather atypical and/or eccentric musician uses these obscure or boutique pedals.
    I sometimes couple my TS9 with (funny enough) a YJM308 Preamp Overdrive.
    Yngwie Malmsteen is a real jerk, I've been to his studio several times (you can literally follow the picks all the way there).
    However, this pedal is actually based on a vintage DOD 250, and at $29.99 I think it's a good deal - it's cheaper than a DS-1 and I like it better.
    Here's a link: http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-DOD-YJM.html#
    It can be a bit much by itself with the gain turned all the way up (too metal sounding), but with the gain around 12 or 1 o'clock it's not bad.
    Coupled with my TS9 I get a good (verging on out of control but not) OD sound.
    I only use it for a couple tunes, but running it after my TS9, post compression/sustain, and pre chorus and a delay, I get a nice useable lead tone.
    I found this combo by trial and error, so I'd suggest trying a few other pedal combo's yourself to see what you find (you're looking for useable tones).

Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    I've read some okay reviews about the R66, but haven't personally found anyone that has used one (STRANGE) -- makes my wonder???

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    actually, the edge, and eric johnson use it
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    As I said: "It seems like only the famous and rather atypical and/or eccentric musician uses these obscure or boutique pedals".

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    tried one today, they are very nice. i think im gonna hold off on it for a while though, ive got enough pedals coming my way for now
  • My friend's had one for a year or so.

It sounds great, but personally I'd take my greedtone and tubescreamer over it anyday (over anything else I've ever heard frankly).
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"