fender jazzmasters..

seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
im thinking of buying one, cuz i was at the bruce springsteen show yesterday(great one btw, met bruce, his wife, and nils lofgrin, and heard them warm up with tunnel of love and brilliant disguise backstage :). also met pierce brosnan ha) and the guitarist nils was using one for the most part of his playing time. it sounded great, but ive never actually played one. anyone here have any experience with it? how do they feel.? like a strat, tele, neither? thanks!
they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    They're great and I don't have one now, but I've played them and they have a lot of personality.

Haha, I'll meet my favorite Jazzmaster player in a week or so. A friend of mine is Wilco's production manager and they're coming to my house for a barbeque or we're going out to dinner when they're in my town:

Nels Cline is the greatest!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STvoZMkpRpY
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Jazzmasters are cool, no experience with them though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    seanw1010 wrote:
    im thinking of buying one, cuz i was at the bruce springsteen show yesterday(great one btw, met bruce, his wife, and nils lofgrin, and heard them warm up with tunnel of love and brilliant disguise backstage :). also met pierce brosnan ha) and the guitarist nils was using one for the most part of his playing time. it sounded great, but ive never actually played one. anyone here have any experience with it? how do they feel.? like a strat, tele, neither? thanks!
    meh, the boss is not that cool anyway......;) that would've been pretty damn awesome. lucky you!!
    I don't own one, but ive played a few. Nice guitars.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    thanks for the responses, i gotta find one to try out.

as for bruce springsteen, ive actually met him a few times before. but yesterday was awesome cuz i was one of like six people out of the 50,000 plus people there who heard them play those 2 songs :D
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • I had a White Japanese Jazzmaster a few years ago. It was definitely one of the heaviest guitars I ever owned (after about three hours of playing it, my back would be killing me). This may have just been the model I had. I know, for example, that some telecasters are real heavy and some are light weight, so I don't know if that is also the case for the Jazzmaster, but I can assure mine was heavy.
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    I have never gotten to play one, but everywhere I look I see good comments about them. They have a very wide variety of tones, and Ive heard they are good for most anything.

Thats my dream guitar, once I get one i'll never need another one again! :D
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    A buddy of mine had a highly modified Jazzmaster with replacement mini-Grover tuners, a Tune-O-Matic bridge, a tension bar between the bridge and tailpiece, a locked tremolo, and Seymour Duncan Hot Jazzmaster pickups. With all of these modifications, the guitar was a dream. I don't have a problem specifically with the bridge, but the tension bar was great and the pickups really opened up the sound of the guitar.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.