for all who thaught mike has given up trentino's amp

quapquap Posts: 27
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
no he didnt given up, first i thought he did it cause i went to barcelona's gig y just saw mike using two fender tweeds, the yellow ones.... but when lights were on i noticed that the trentino's amp was there too! but he place the trentino to his right side of the stage, just were the guitar tech are..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• quap wrote:
    no he didnt given up, first i thought he did it cause i went to barcelona's gig y just saw mike using two fender tweeds, the yellow ones.... but when lights were on i noticed that the trentino's amp was there too! but he place the trentino to his right side of the stage, just were the guitar tech are..

i thought he gave up his orange cab in 2005, turns out it was in the tech gallery as well. It looks like it was mic'd to, that or they left a mic stand and directional in a very convienient place!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    haha thought is spelled with an 'A' in the thread title!! :D
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • He never gives up on his amps, every now and then they come up again...He used his Trentino amp to record this new record, used it on SNL, used it on letterman (and letterman webcast), and used it at Story Tellers

His Orange cab came up again as stated before
    His Marshall Plexi came up again when I saw him using it for some in-studio performance

The only thing I haven't seen come back is the Bassman and Matchless
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • He never gives up on his amps, every now and then they come up again...He used his Trentino amp to record this new record, used it on SNL, used it on letterman (and letterman webcast), and used it at Story Tellers

His Orange cab came up again as stated before
    His Marshall Plexi came up again when I saw him using it for some in-studio performance

The only thing I haven't seen come back is the Bassman and Matchless

the bassman is fairly generic, and since aquring two fender amps...it only makes sense that he woudl cut another. The matchless is probly just shelved for the tour cause realistically they only have 5 trucks for them and thier opener, you cant have all your gear!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Actually, wait a minute, isn't he using 2 bassman's now? i remember a close up picture and the top of the amp said bassman, i could be wrong
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Actually, wait a minute, isn't he using 2 bassman's now? i remember a close up picture and the top of the amp said bassman, i could be wrong

yeah he got 59 bassmans...i forget what he was usuing before...personally i like the 2003 set up. 2 marshall cabs, orange cab, and a matchless with the trentino and marshal head.

• ampguyampguy Posts: 7
    I can pick out the unique sound whether it's from vinyl on a high-end system, or through a 3" TV speaker from a Letterman show, despite all the pedals and processing going on!!
    quap wrote: