Are there any reasonably priced fuzz/octave pedals?

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I really really want a fuzz pedal with an octave feature (or is it the other way around?) for the future. Only thing is, it's kind of tough searching for these things... a lot of them are really expensive and it's hard to tell if the cheaper ones are any good. I really love that crazy White Stripes kind of sound, so I'd love to pick up a pedal that has that sound to it sometime.

Any suggestions?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Please refer to the sticky about pedals. Sorry, they usually talk about different types of effects on there...I don't mean to sound rude though, please don't take it that way :)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Please refer to the sticky about pedals. Sorry, they usually talk about different types of effects on there...I don't mean to sound rude though, please don't take it that way :)

Huh? That's all about pedal order... it doesn't mention anything about a fuzz/octave combo, unless I'm missing something.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Like this?

http://buildyourownclone.com/octavefuzz.html

Don't be intimidated by the soldering if you haven't done it before; a monkey could figure it out given enough time. Patience + $70 bucks could get you the effect you're after. And on the quality note, BYOC is top notch. The forums are also really helpful in case you want to tweak your pedal or it doesn't work for some reason.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BibbsBibbs Posts: 229
    DOSW wrote:
    I really really want a fuzz pedal with an octave feature (or is it the other way around?) for the future. Only thing is, it's kind of tough searching for these things... a lot of them are really expensive and it's hard to tell if the cheaper ones are any good. I really love that crazy White Stripes kind of sound, so I'd love to pick up a pedal that has that sound to it sometime.

Any suggestions?

for a cool white stripes sound you might want to look on youtube and see some samples of people using an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff pedal. They are quite reasonably priced and sound amazing. :)
    ••• Immortality •••
    www.myspace.com/kosmicjelli
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Seems like what I'm looking for right there.... great price... do you have any experience with it by any chance?