Renting Equipment

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I gotta believe this is the way to go. I went to my local music shop and rented a Marshall MG50DFX for $25 a month. I know it's not the best amp out there, but it is a huge upgrade from what I had... and considering the amp goes for about $375, the price is unbeatable. I figure by the time it gets to the point that I'm not saving money (about 17 months from now), I'll get tired of it and want a new amp anyway.

Fact of the matter is, renting stuff rocks. If you have the service available to you, you'll save a lot of money.
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSW wrote:
    I gotta believe this is the way to go. I went to my local music shop and rented a Marshall MG50DFX for $25 a month. I know it's not the best amp out there, but it is a huge upgrade from what I had... and considering the amp goes for about $375, the price is unbeatable. I figure by the time it gets to the point that I'm not saving money (about 17 months from now), I'll get tired of it and want a new amp anyway.

Fact of the matter is, renting stuff rocks. If you have the service available to you, you'll save a lot of money.

i disagree completely, it may be good to try equipment out, but to actually use equipment, in the end yoru losing money. if you sell a $400 amp for $200, you only lost $200. If you rent a $400 amp up to its value, you will never getthe money back. Bad choice if your plannign on saving money.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I see your point. Being able to pay a low price per month is nice, though. But you can probably pay for a purchase in increments, too.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    I see your point. Being able to pay a low price per month is nice, though. But you can probably pay for a purchase in increments, too.

most stores even if they do not advertise financing, will usually swing you a good deal if you shop there often, and they know you are a man of yoru word. ive played with gear from my local shop, that i havent put a dime on, and they have also ordered expensive gear, that i had not pre-purchased, its just a customer/store relationship you need to build

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19