I bought the Seagull!

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Last night I was able to close the deal on the Seagull M6 acoustic that I mentioned in the "F'ing College" thread. I was able to coax the 'rents into paying 1/3 of it each as a (very) early birthday present and I would pay for the final third. So now I'm giddy with excitement and I can't wait... it will take a few days for the money to get to my PayPal account and another couple of days to ship, so I'm guessing it should show up sometime the week after next.

Of course there's an inherent risk in buying it... not so much because I bought it from eBay, but more for the fact that I've never played a Seagull before simply because I've never seen them around where I live. But I'm pretty confident I'll love it... not only have I only heard good things about them for the many months I've been reading about them, but I'm really looking forward to that warmer cedar top as opposed to spruce. My only concern is that the neck will be uncomfortable, but unless it cripples my hand I'll get used to it. I'm not experienced enough to have a strong neck preference anyway. This is going to be a long stretch of days waiting for this thing. :D

I can't wait to sell my Yamaha and get it out of my sight. I really don't like that thing. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seagull-M6-Cedar-Acoustic-Guitar-Solid-Top_W0QQitemZ130074885831QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Congrats! Have fun with it. Anything from the Godin company kicks ass!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Congrats !!
    Don't worry about the neck, all acoustics are thicker than electrics, and they just make your hands stronger.
    New guitar, always yummy !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • You won't be disappointed. Seagulls are some of the few acoustics I love.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Of all the Seagull's I've played, I've never had a bad one.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."