My New Years resolution

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
...is to play the Alive solo by the end of 2007. Shouldn't be too hard, right? I just need to get lessons first! I can only play Lukin and Comatose so many times until it starts to get boring... I'm kind of in a rut right now... :)

...anyway, I digress. It's time to pick your resolutions! Any guitar-related ones to share?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm going to start drinking.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I haven't made any yet, but it's a good idea to start thinking about 'em. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • I am going to finish making my Epiphone SG Special not a crappy guitar, New tuners and possibly playing it a lot more should help this. Any ideas on how I can change it up? Make it sound better than the stock equipment?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Buy a strat!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    get a weekly jam going with a couple guys from work.

write/record some new music since I haven't for over a year.

stop buying gear.
  • DOSW wrote:
    ...is to play the Alive solo by the end of 2007. Shouldn't be too hard, right? I just need to get lessons first! I can only play Lukin and Comatose so many times until it starts to get boring... I'm kind of in a rut right now... :)

...anyway, I digress. It's time to pick your resolutions! Any guitar-related ones to share?

Trust me. If you work at it a little each day (like a half hour)... you'll get it much faster than you thought. Take it piece by piece. Start out slow.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Buy a strat!
    Got one, I just got done working that one out- took four years to make it sound amazing. It was a strat squier though...low end
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I like yours !! It's been a loose goal of mine for a while. At the same time, I want to finish the rest of Sweet Child of Mine main solo. It shares a lot of licks with Alive so they should help each other. All the fills from Nothing as it Seems is beckoning also, and while I'm bending, solo to Pink Floyd's Time is also on the list.
    Time to break out the Tascam trainer. Also learn the rest of Orion, and then the solo to One. Ouch !!!!!!!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Any ideas on how I can change it up?

Buy a Gibson.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • brain of c wrote:
    i'm going to start drinking.

amen, but i would like to learn i got shit and indifference before the end of the month...sbb
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly