So I got back from my first lesson today...

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
After playing for 7 months or so and constantly saying that I would "eventually" get lessons, I finally signed up for some at the local music shop and I just got back from my first one.

It wasn't really what I thought it would be... he spent a lot of time writing down picking exercises while I asked him a few questions. Thankfully my technique is pretty good... a lot of things that I thought might be bad technique are actually perfectly normal. He also went over some basic music theory, most of which went in through one ear and out the other.

So I got home and practiced the picking exercises he wrote down for a good half hour or so on my acoustic, but then my fretting hand started cramping up (some of the stretches are really tough). Anyway, I'm really excited that I finally have DIRECTION for my practice. Before I was just practicing tabs of songs to get better, but now I feel like I finally have a set path for faster progress... which is why I signed up for lessons in the first place.

I can't go in next week, but after that I have 4 more half-hour lessons lined up. I'll be tearing it up in no time. :D
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lessons help ALOT!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V