So what are you currently itching for?

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Right now I'm aching for an 08 American Standard Telecaster in natural finish and a small 5w tube amp, like an Epiphone or a Peavey. Also a Tubescreamer would be nice.

How about you?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Any ol' tele will do me just fine.

What's changed with the new American Teles?
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    TC Electronic G-system
    2 2X12 Recto Cabs
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    fowls wrote:
    Any ol' tele will do me just fine.

What's changed with the new American Teles?

A few things... the bridge is a little different, the neck is better... the overall quality is just supposed to be much higher this year. I want one really bad. Sitting here listening to Springsteen solo on songs like Badlands and Prove It All Night is just killing me. :D
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I'm pretty solid with guitar right now, but i really want some new cymbals (Hi hats, ride, 14" crash and 16" crash)
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm pretty solid with guitar right now, but i really want some new cymbals (Hi hats, ride, 14" crash and 16" crash)

Speaking of which, I could really go for a drum kit as well. I have no experience with drums but it seems like a hell of a lot of fun. It's one of those things that I'll probably pick up down the road in a couple years or more. One of my life goals is to make an album entirely by myself, with me playing all the instruments.
  • 3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I don't get it. Where do you plug in the guitar cord? ;)
    Those are the shoes you wear to get the guitar player... DUH!
    :)
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Godin Summit CT, man those look hot.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    A Taylor T5 w/ the Koa top

and some sort of bass cabinet
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    DOSW wrote:
    Speaking of which, I could really go for a drum kit as well. I have no experience with drums but it seems like a hell of a lot of fun. It's one of those things that I'll probably pick up down the road in a couple years or more. One of my life goals is to make an album entirely by myself, with me playing all the instruments.
    I would love a drum set! I absolutely love musical instruments, but am currently possesed with learning decent acoustic guitar
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Another amp - I'm hopeless.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    My tax return! I know it's not equipment, but I can BUY equipment with it! =)

Peace
    Just me
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    DOSW wrote:
    Speaking of which, I could really go for a drum kit as well.
    I'm pretty set for now with the gear i have, but i'm like you, i have a spare corner that would look pretty damn sweet with a drum kit. I've always thought it would be sweet to learn properly, just hasn't happened as yet.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I just bought a new bass:
    http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/0259505315_hi-898240775cceedd49cf9ff7f90f215ca.jpg
    and a new amp:
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/Nemesis/indiv/nc210.asp

So I should stop itching for a moment...
    But i'm already thinking about a boss multi-effects...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Something 6v6.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Julien wrote:
    I just bought a new bass:
    http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/0259505315_hi-898240775cceedd49cf9ff7f90f215ca.jpg
    and a new amp:
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/Nemesis/indiv/nc210.asp

So I should stop itching for a moment...
    But i'm already thinking about a boss multi-effects...

Yeah I bought a black Jag bass as soon as it came out. Don't use it a lot, but it looks cool.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Yeah I bought a black Jag bass as soon as it came out. Don't use it a lot, but it looks cool.
    i love mine. I sued a shitty ibanez before. The difference is worth the investment.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Either a Strat or a Tele! Or possibly a Godin.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Heh heh, thanks to our house being on the market, and needing to be pretty upstairs, the drum-kit has jsut migrated to my music room. Yay !! I can't say just how much fun drumming is, and how much it contributes to guitar and general musicianship. I strongly recommend trying it if possible.
    I'm kinda low-grade gassing for a Strat, I am thinking maybe a Highway One, cos it has the old spaghetti logo that I like, and big frets, and good pups, which would probably get dissed for a set of EMG's anyway.
    I'm kinda interested in a Tele too, never played one, but peeps love em, and it's actually Jeff Buckley and Hallelujah that gives me the shivers.
    Now if I could pony up for a Gigliotti like Joe B, that would be insane.
    Otherwise, not much. I have just scored a valve hi-fi amp on ebay really cheap, so maybe some nice speakers. Ebay to the rescue there too. Why pay $3K when $300 will do the trick on the bay ? A nice set of Bose 301 went off for that in my area a few days ago. People getting new surround sound systems, and letting go of great high-end audio for nix.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    I think I'd like a guitar with P90 pickups.....mmmm
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    I am definitely itching for a new acoustic. I have a starter Fender and want to upgrade pretty badly, but I can't make up my mind. I go back and fourth between a Martin HD28/HD28V and a Taylor GS7 or GS8. I also want to try playing the new 16 series from Taylor (816 I think). Anyway, taking my time on that front.

Some other dream items...
    http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Products/GOTM/LesPaulPush%2Dtone/

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/signature/townshend/PeteTownshend.html

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=5

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0110400755
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    What am i itching for?

... I guess I could blame that girl from the other night (should have worn a condom) :D
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    this gibson sg special my buddy's selling. its got the blue teal color with fatcats in it
    plus i played some small 8 watt fender tube amp(forget name, but it had like 16 modeling stations, soiunded awesome)
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    seanw1010 wrote:
    this gibson sg special my buddy's selling. its got the blue teal color
    there's a few of us on here who have one of those little babies. love it!
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    there's a few of us on here who have one of those little babies. love it!

You've still got yours ? I smashed mine after Ed did his.
    You've still got yours ? I smashed mine after Ed did his.
    i call bullshit. you did not! :) at least, i don't think you would? you are passionate about your gear too!
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    The only piece I really lack right now is a good bass.

I'm currently borrowing a friend's OLP Stingray (like the Music Man, but passive electronics and made in Korea), which gets me by...

My preference would be a Rickenbacker 4001 bass. Nothing in the world like it. Second to that would be an older MM Stingray. The black Jag bass would be right behind that, maybe Bartolini pickups. The red Jag bass sucks, I hate matching-color headstocks.

I could forgo all of them, and just find a Line 6 Variax bass... swap in a Warmoth J-Bass neck, and I'd have all the bass tones I wanted.

The guilty pleasure, though, would be a Tokai Love Rock with P-90's and goldtop finish. That one's been haunting me for years.

An Epiphone EJ-160E (John Lennon sig.)

And some new cymbals for the drumkit. Maybe a new kick-drum pedal (DW 5k).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    i call bullshit. you did not! :) at least, i don't think you would? you are passionate about your gear too!

Ha ha, got you goign there for a minute. Actually, I don't have one. I was just messing with ya, cos it tickles me that so many PJ fans have one of those. Ya right, I would not smash a guitar.
    SG's are seriously cool.