Options

does anyone else

prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
agree with me that once you can play songs on guitar you start to like them more, keep on rocking in the free world and roll on june 18th
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    prodacake wrote:
    agree with me that once you can play songs on guitar you start to like them more, keep on rocking in the free world and roll on june 18th

Not so much. I'd say it's usually hit or miss. Sometimes I'll like a song but if i learn it on guitar and it happens to be boring to play, then I'll like it less from there-on out. A lot of times it's the opposite where I'll learn a song that I kind of like and when i realize how fun it is, I'll love it even more.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    rigneyclanrigneyclan Posts: 289
    prodacake wrote:

Yeah. Most of the time, after I learn a song that I really like, I can appreciate the effort the original guitarist put into making the song more than if I didn't play guitar.
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Not so much. I'd say it's usually hit or miss. Sometimes I'll like a song but if i learn it on guitar and it happens to be boring to play, then I'll like it less from there-on out. A lot of times it's the opposite where I'll learn a song that I kind of like and when i realize how fun it is, I'll love it even more.

I agree wholeheartedly.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    this is a bit different, but i was thinking about how i have been playing "dust in the wind" for over 10 years now and it is one of my favorite songs to play and usually the first song i play when i pick up an acoustic and it always gets a great reaction from people, and yet after all these years i still don't have a copy of the actual song.....with all the songs i've downloaded over the years it has never even occured to me to download that song......i guess i just think of it as my song
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young