somebody, briefly explain "Guitar Pro" to me

MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've read a little on it but I'm not sure, is this some kind of program where you put in a music cd and it tabs out the music? or what does it do exactly other than like backing beats?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you download tabs and open it with guitar pro and its plays the tab out to you, with backing beats and bass etc, you can chose to have just the guitar track
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    you download tabs from where? tab sites where 80% of the stuff is wrong to begin with? I thought is was something that would tab out music. there is no such program as that?
  • It is basically like a digital studio view with each instrument on a track ie bass, guitar, drums etz using midi to generate the sound. Some tabs are really good some are bad. Sites like mysongbook rate the tabs and users often edit/add to tabs. It can also be used for sequencing drums and writing stuff.
  • I used it for a week or so and found it not really that helpful. If you search on ultimate-guitar.com or something, search results come up as either .tab, .crd (chords), bass tabs (another text file) or guitar pro file. The guitar pro file shows you the tab and plays out "digitized" music at the same time. I've yet to find a guitar pro file that doesn't sound -totally- morphed and electronic.

Edit: On the upside, if you are into digital music, you can write/create your own tabs with added drums/bass/secondary guitar or other instruments if you want. IMO, it doesn't sound that great though.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I just downloaded the free 14 day trial. you're right, the audio does sound cheesy. but, I did find a GREAT tab of Cheap Trick's "i want you to want me" which was the main thing I was looking for. the tab for that one was dead on. I'm going to spend a couple weeks looking at some more songs and if I keep finding good stuff, I might get it.
  • greatest

program

ever
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    greatest

program

ever

i

totally

agree :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • The sound of the midi playback depends totally on the soundcard in your computer. I have a soundblaster card and use their soundfonts, this makes the midi playback sound much more realistic.