this looks like a cool guitar

MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
cruising around MF and found this. 1 of 400 made. looks decent. what would it sound like, neighborhood of a Strat maybe? less than a grand, somebody here should give it a try.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Standard-3-Single-Coil-Natural-Satin-Electric-Guitar?sku=512787
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Ooooh, me likey. Of course, they don't deliver to Australia, so I'm shit outta luck.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    send me the money and I'll get it to you. it'll just be slightly played when it reaches you.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    OK, now that's my kind of strat !!

Wonder what the tone difference between that mahogany and alder would be ??

Anybody ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Between the mahogany, the set-neck construction, the short scale, the (presumably ceramic) blade pickups and the stopbar/tune-o-matic arrangement, I don't think it'd sound too Stratty at all.
  • i think the sound woudl be very 80's glam in taste. maybe Charvel sounding or something along those lines, i dont see it being twangy, nor ballsy, more annoying than anything, ha

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    It'll sound darker than a strat, but it'll have a bit more sustain because of the set neck, stopbar
    tailpiece, and angled headstock - will also make the notes a bit crisper and chunkier.
    Strats have a more bell-like tone.
    - Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    It'll sound darker than a strat, but it'll have a bit more sustain because of the set neck, stopbar
    tailpiece, and angled headstock - will also make the notes a bit crisper and chunkier.
    Strats have a more bell-like tone.
    - Ian

"bell-like".....thats the term ive been trying to explain for years now..thanks.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19